Search the forum,

Discuss Popped my new build cherry today! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Well that's my first new build done. 3 bedroom bungalow with kitchen and 1 bathroom with shower enclosure. CH pipework, drainage including soil stack and hot/cold from stopcock (oil combi boiler setup). Just got to go back tomorrow to do the hot and cold supply pipework now. All first fix heating pipework in within 2 hours (2 of us). I really really wish I could turn them round that quick in older properties. I would be a millionaire.

Had no idea how to price it labour only and the guy asked for a fixed price. He wanted to pay cash of course. I said £1,200 for the first fix work (didn't have a clue how long it would take). Going to finish it in 24 man hours working out at £50 per hour.

Got me thinking, how much do you guys normally charge on new builds (labour only) for first and second fix. All in plastic, 22mm main pipework for heating all tee'd off to 10mm for behind dot and dabbed walls??

Seems like a good earner as long as you can work quickly!

I was actually going to ask a similar question as I have an old office being converted in to about 15 flats and need to price it, everything from underground drainage, new mains, gas runs, 1 bathroom per flat and full heating install and kitchen etc. I am really struggling to work out a price for it. Does anyone who does similar have a set way of working it out? If you don't want to go public with prices then feel free to PM me if you want. It would be a labour only price as well, not cash though all through the books and taxed at source.

I Priced a church conversion last year which included 3 bathrooms , 8 rads and 3 towel rails . Unvented cylinder / boiler plus new gas run and all soils wastes also kitchen to be plumbed and gas carcass .

If i recall i counted 7 days at 9 hours on first fix then individualised everything on second fix , obviously wet test plus commission a separate price then i put on aggro money for call backs where new owners are idiots and need to be shown how to turn tap on etc etc .

think it was around 4 k labour in the end

From my experience you can take the time it takes to do a house that's already built and divide it by 5 comfortably. That should give you a guide time for new builds. Well, that's based on my huge experience of one new build.

When I did new build houses I was 1st fixing 3 storey 3 bed houses in 3 days on my own 2 bed flats in a day then 2 days before hand running soil pipes through 4 storey block. These were large sites though so once you have done 1 the rest are the same.

When I did new build houses I was 1st fixing 3 storey 3 bed houses in 3 days on my own 2 bed flats in a day then 2 days before hand running soil pipes through 4 storey block. These were large sites though so once you have done 1 the rest are the same.

Those types of builds are well oiled machines tho

it can be slower when the build is more specific

when we was doing some selfbuilds we often made up guides bits of wood drilled out the right distances of walls to get the pipes in the right places especially for airing cupboard risers and combis
when we were doing drops we had a bit of wood with the two hights marked for top and bottom connections didnt real matter if they were spot on provided the were all wrong at the same hight no one woukld notice lol

4 days 1st fix
3 days 2nd fix
1 day finals
1 day for builder takin the ****

for a standard 3 bed house 1 person, per day.

if there be more than one house then 2nd,3rd house may be 1-2 days less labour

on big new build it's normally 900 labour for a average house, hence such small profit margins

Last edited:
Well that's my first new build done. 3 bedroom bungalow with kitchen and 1 bathroom with shower enclosure. CH pipework, drainage including soil stack and hot/cold from stopcock (oil combi boiler setup). Just got to go back tomorrow to do the hot and cold supply pipework now. All first fix heating pipework in within 2 hours (2 of us). I really really wish I could turn them round that quick in older properties. I would be a millionaire.

Had no idea how to price it labour only and the guy asked for a fixed price. He wanted to pay cash of course. I said £1,200 for the first fix work (didn't have a clue how long it would take). Going to finish it in 24 man hours working out at £50 per hour.

Got me thinking, how much do you guys normally charge on new builds (labour only) for first and second fix. All in plastic, 22mm main pipework for heating all tee'd off to 10mm for behind dot and dabbed walls??

Seems like a good earner as long as you can work quickly!

No photos?

I don't take photos of Speedfit!! I never really use the stuff but the builder wanted it all done in plastic. Was pretty easy to do as it was a bungalow to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Popped my new build cherry today! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock