Discuss Plumbing Apprenticeship 4th year (Scotland) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

russ026

I have just finished my 3rd year of my Plumbing Apprenticeship.

I have received my Modern Apprenticeship Completion Certificate for "Mechanical Engineering Services Plumbing"

and my Scottish Vocational Qualification Level 3 in "Mechanical Engineering Services: Domestic Plumbing" from the SQA / Jib.

I am confused about what the 4th year of the apprenticeship involves. My college has told me as far as they are concerned I have completed my apprenticeship and the 4th year is just your first year as a full-time plumber. My employer is also not sure what the 4th year is (it is the first time he has had apprentices).

What happens in the 4th year?
Do I need to do anything? Or contact anyone?
Do I need to collect any documents?

Thank you for your help.

Your college is right, you have finished your apprenticeship as far as they are concerned.

I think a few years ago, it would have took you four years to complete what you have, hence where the four year apprenticeships came from.

These days some employers use the fourth year, just to see how you get on, monitor your progress etc. Or cheap labour?

British Gas apprenticeships last less than two years.

It is up to your employer if he wants to keep you on as an apprentice for another year or give you more responsibility and take you on as a Plumber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing Apprenticeship 4th year (Scotland) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock