Discuss pipe sizes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
From my understanding with a domestic ticket you can work on pipework upto 35 mm in diameter however chatting to a commercial guy today he informed me that you can only work on very short run on this which he said was something like a couple meters at max due to volume of gas in pipework .Cant seem to find anything on paper to support this so wondered if its actually true??

Its all down to installation volume, the volume of the installation (meter and pipework) has to be under 0.035m3 for domestic. Over that is commercial.

Must not exceed installation volume of .035cu mtr . I think 35mm is .00084 per mtr plus meter volume and fittings.

If the 35mm is off a U6 you can go a fair distance.
The volume of a U6 is 0.008 so theoretically you could run just under 30m of 35mm (you need to allow 10% of IVp for fittings).
If a U16 is fitted the volume of the meter is 0.025m3 which only leaves you 0.01m3 to play with but thats still around 10m.

Reasons above why this forum is so handy , if i believed half the stuff i hear down the merchants i would never get nothing done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pipe sizes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock