Currently reading:
Pipe layout for heating - advice

Discuss Pipe layout for heating - advice in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I have carried out small alterations as a DIY-er in the past, small re-routing in a bathroom etc. In the next few weeks I’ll be moving into a house that still has it’s very old floor standing Potterton Kingfisher boiler, with radiators in only every other room.

When I have a pro fit a new boiler it will be moved, I was thinking of laying as much pipe work as I can to all room from where the boiler will end up being, with a flow and return pipes.

Finally (!), my question:

Ground floor and 1st floor radiators are almost all directly above/below each other. Can you, and would it be better/easier to run the flow and return in between floors and can you then come off the larger pipes to 15mm up and down to feed the radiators on both floors?

I have attached a version of the floor plan, with boiler marked and the (very) rough black lines are where rads should be.

Any views would be most welcome! Thanks, Pete

Attachments

• C8E9C435-B83C-4C62-A4EB-3BCA64E3C8BA.jpeg
    C8E9C435-B83C-4C62-A4EB-3BCA64E3C8BA.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 25

Reply to Pipe layout for heating - advice in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock