Search the forum,

Discuss Pegler isolating valve not shutting comp,etely in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jacquie Yaxley

Hope someone can help. It appears that the cold water isolating valve to my washing machine is not shutting off the water completely. I can't get a plumber for 2 weeks, could this actually cause the valve itself to leak to the outside?

Yes it is, the hose itself is not leaking at either end but I'm paranoid about flooding as had a major flood some years ago. Could the valve itself leak?

How come you cant get somebody for two weeks? That's the sort of thing I would do on the way home for a regular customer, just to put there mind at ease.

you should be ok, valves normally leak because they're not touched. But because you've been turning it on and off you should be fine.

it's probably the handle fouling on the 3/4" nut.

or the plastic is worn and the valve just not turning far enough. Whip off the valve handle with a screwdriver and turn it with pliers or a spanner.

Thanks, you've put my mind at rest. My 'tame' plumber is on holiday at the moment. I turn it off after every wash so I presume I've worn it out. Is it better to leave these little plastic ones turned on all the time?

You've worn out one of the higher quality valves too!
ask him to replace with a pegler again or as im guessing its accessible if you turn it off every time you can ask him to fit a quarter turn garden tap in its place.

the washing machine hose will go straight on but the valve will be designed for far more use

Some say he can fix leaks just by knocking on the front door.

And that he knows the secret behind ferroli....

All we know is he's called ...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pegler isolating valve not shutting comp,etely in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock