Currently reading:
Outside Tap

Discuss Outside Tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest123

Oh no, not again.

Well for those who fit an outside tap in 25 minutes, I broke a personal record today for the LONGEST time I've taken to fit one. Damn thing took 2 hours.

Turned up, no stopcock, car over toby outside, had to freeze main and fit new stopcock, but had ran out of imperial rings so a 15 mile drive from custards to merchants.

Drilled hole through wall, fitted tap and sleeve and copper through to inside.

There were so many repairs, damaged/bashed copper and fittings under sink, only way to tee in was to rip out and redo most of it.

Connected up water supply to tap pipework.

Switched on water.....major leak coming from my favourite flexies going into mixer tap.

Switch water off. Drain.

Remove flexies, o ring done in on both. Another 15 mile drive to merchants for flexies.

Fitted flexies, held ok, now ancient washing machine hose is dripping. Washer perished.

Replaced hose from stock. Switched on water and breathed a huge sigh of relief that everything finally held.

Don't you just love days like this. Any of you 25 minute guys can come and do the next one.......

:wink_smile:

I've had one of those days also.

Arranged for merchants to deliver grey soil pipe first thing to replace cast iron soil stack. Customer changed mind, now wants black soil pipe!!!! Delivery tomorrow...Day over!!

Oh no, not again.

Well for those who fit an outside tap in 25 minutes, I broke a personal record today for the LONGEST time I've taken to fit one. Damn thing took 2 hours.

Turned up, no stopcock, car over toby outside, had to freeze main and fit new stopcock, but had ran out of imperial rings so a 15 mile drive from custards to merchants.

There were so many repairs, damaged/bashed copper and fittings under sink, only way to tee in was to rip out and redo most of it.

Switched on water.....major leak coming from my favourite flexies going into mixer tap.

Switch water off. Drain.

Remove flexies, o ring done in on both. Another 15 mile drive to merchants for flexies.

Fitted flexies, held ok, now ancient washing machine hose is dripping. Washer perished.

Replaced hose from stock. Switched on water and breathed a huge sigh of relief that everything finally held.

Don't you just love days like this. Any of you 25 minute guys can come and do the next one.......

Lol sys, is this what's goin to happen to me when I deliver my leaflets ????? Love you too ! :)

I see the title and panicked. Surely not another 150 odd comments about an outside tap.
Don't you just hate days like that, one thing after another. By the sounds of it you done well to get it done in only a couple of hours lol.

Oh no, not again.

Switch water off. Drain.

And all for thirty quid!

Lol sys, is this what's goin to happen to me when I deliver my leaflets ????? Love you too ! :)
Did you not see the small print I "included" on your outside tap leaflet? It reads " Call me Dancinplumba and I'll do your tap for a fiver".

Honest, honest....

Call me Dancinplumba and I'll do you a tap dance for a fiver".

But the ootside tap is thereafter a freebie.

Poor you.

That's the biggest reason I try not to quote for jobs but only give estimates.

Hope you weren't too busy with other things that day. Great when it's your only job but if you've another 2-3 calls it really puts a spanner in the works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Outside Tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock