Discuss Old system playing up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, what about cleaning or is a flush through with fresh water a couple of times normally enough?

I would put F3 Cleaner in, leave it a few weeks, Get it hot and empty it. Then refill, dose with F1 and Balance !

I would do this after the pumping over the vent pipe has been dealt with though otherwise, you'll be wasting your efforts.

Ah!
Another amazing invention.
They would all outlast any modern effort!

Yep had one had to get rid flue was smelling a bit

Even had the upgraded cast hex, it's in the local tech collage now

From the instruction manual, the heat exchanger looks to be cast iron. Certainly the Potterton Netaheat Profile, later renamed simply 'Profile' has a cast-iron heat exchanger.

Re water pouring into your cistern, you mean the hot water comes out of the vent pipe over the top of your feed and expansion system and runs into the cistern? A run or a dribble? Does this continue to dribble when the system is good and hot and has been running for some time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Old system playing up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock