Discuss Nightmare time with Worcester Bosch repairs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Thanks. Yes they have isolated it from system. They have a large gauge on both one radiator and the boiler itself. The boiler/ heating was cold over night so no temperature drop.

I think this is whats happened. Instead of just replacing the leaking left flow unit they also replaced lots of other things too but needed to touch both isolation valves to take boiler apart. This has then resulted in them leaking ever since, which they've never spotted. I've picked the leaks up by doing my own isolation tests (3 times!).

They only wanted to run the isolation test for 3 hours yesterday. I asked them to come back today (at first they didn't want to come back until Monday but too cold to be without heating or hot water that long). So now the isolation test has ran for 26 hours.

I think its the left and right isolation valves leaking. Should I ask them to use thread seal on the valves? Would this help, as even the new valve looks to be leaking.

Thanks for your replies.

Cazza. You have to take a step back and look at this much more logically. The hand wringing frustration, although understandable, is not engaging people on your behalf.

Personally, I'd write to Martyn Bridges who is head of technical at WB. Keep the letter factual.

For example, 10 visits withOUT definitive understanding of whether root cause is boiler or pipework. Need more experienced/competent engineer by x date otherwise I shall be forced to engage my own 'expert' and send you the bill if it turns out it is a boiler fault.

Sorry to be so 'brutal', but stop messing about on here and get something moving with those who can effect positive change. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your thoughts but Worcester Bosch have already told me they won't help me no more and are refunding my money. I've got the Worcester guy turning up this afternoon and he is supposed to be replacing the left valve (i've been told) and then he is going to take his gauges and leave and they won't come back (great customer service hey! not). Ideally I don't want to have to organise and pay for another engineer to come out just to sort the valves out, which i'm sure is the only cause of leaks. As the right new valve they replaced yesterday is leaking I just wanted some advice on how they can sort that out whilst he is here this afternoon.

Thanks for your thoughts but Worcester Bosch have already told me they won't help me no more and are refunding my money. I've got the Worcester guy turning up this afternoon and he is supposed to be replacing the left valve (i've been told) and then he is going to take his gauges and leave and they won't come back (great customer service hey! not). Ideally I don't want to have to organise and pay for another engineer to come out just to sort the valves out, which i'm sure is the only cause of leaks. As the right new valve they replaced yesterday is leaking I just wanted some advice on how they can sort that out whilst he is here this afternoon.

I'm out and I completely get why WB have refunded you TBH.
Good luck cos your'e going to need it.

Reply to Nightmare time with Worcester Bosch repairs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock