Search the forum,

Discuss NEW TOOLS? read this first in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

i was having a long chat to the area 'chief service engineer' for the leading power tools companies today and he told me this............

if you buy a dewalt, flymo, makita or bosch, briggs & stratton and some other brands from the 'bigorangeshed', you wont get it repaired if it breaks within warranty. they may refund or exchange but when its out of warranty your stuffed!

the reason is that the electronics like the trigger switches, motors etc are not those you will find in the same machine bought at say a regular tool supplier. the components used are made in china (despite the obvious) or the far east to a lesser spec than the oem version but not to the same spec standard as the original tool made by those brands.

subsequently those parts required for the repair will never be able to be sourced. in most cases, the repair center will refuse to under-take any repair thats within warranty with those goods!!!!

the conclusion is;- sold cheaper because the parts inside are 'tat' althogh holding the same brand name on the case making you believe you bought at a bargain price!! maybe said shed has bought under license the right to use the name?

another one;- sparky diamond core drills.........

use the same quality parts to equal or higher spec than bosch, are a leading supplier of power tools but lesser 'branding name'

a new clutch for a bosch=£86+
a sparky clutch £20 all in (remember-same quality and build)

A1 refurbed sparky with 3 cores (returns from screwfix) 1 year warranty £120inc
reason for returns- damaged clutch..as these are designed to run in 'speed #1' (speed #2 for steel drilling)

just thought i would pass on todays in depth findings:p

Iv got a sparky core drill! I thought it was great, it has drilled about 5 110mm holes, and now its buggered, the clutch kicks in constantly at low revs, its completely useless & still looks brand new!!! The price to return to sparky was almost the cost of a new drill if I recall!! I can't believe this talk that there the same as Bosch quality from my experience!

My sparky core drill is about two years old and still going.....no complaints from me.

Iv got a sparky core drill! I thought it was great, it has drilled about 5 110mm holes, and now its buggered, the clutch kicks in constantly at low revs, its completely useless & still looks brand new!!! The price to return to sparky was almost the cost of a new drill if I recall!! I can't believe this talk that there the same as Bosch quality from my experience!

so what your saying is its useless!!!!!!!!!

how much do you want for it?

so what your saying is its useless!!!!!!!!!

how much do you want for it?

i will speak to sparky again & ask about a new clutch, its been at the back of the shed for about a year now... I will keep ya posted!

nah! return postage will cost too much on top of the repairs.

i will pay postage to here and bung you a few quid for it to boot.

every ones a winner/?

makita got repaired after 5 years because a halfwit was allowed to use it,back now 11 months still working its guts out buy sparky crap seriously martin whoever told you that was speaking ballacks

he was the midlands 'head service engineer' for dewalt- bosch- makita-fein etc, the place all tools go to depending where you are.

what did you have to have done and how much Mark?

not saying anything like their the best, but depends how much you use them i suppose.
he went on to tell me about a large firm having 20+ bosch on the go and in for repairs/service. have now gone to these as in the long term work out to be better value overall!!!!!

he was the midlands 'head service engineer' for dewalt- bosch- makita-fein etc, the place all tools go to depending where you are.

what did you have to have done and how much Mark?

not saying anything like their the best, but depends how much you use them i suppose.
he went on to tell me about a large firm having 20+ bosch on the go and in for repairs/service. have now gone to these as in the long term work out to be better value overall!!!!!
gearbox seal and clutch bearing and spindle because it jammed in the wall,rather than twist it with a grips stupid hit it backwards with a lump hammer £120 to fix it,i wanted to dock his pay but was told that was going to cause problems and some of the names i called him was politically incorrect and probably illegal in the workplace

......................i was a tad upset at seeing profits going to repair equipment when it could have been avoided

Last edited by a moderator:
gearbox seal and clutch bearing and spindle because it jammed in the wall,rather than twist it with a grips stupid hit it backwards with a lump hammer £120 to fix it,i wanted to dock his pay but was told that was going to cause problems and some of the names i called him was politically incorrect and probably illegal in the workplace

......................i was a tad upset at seeing profits going to repair equipment when it could have been avoided

I'm going to go ahead and assume stupid is the bro in law you'd like to go to town on with a nailgun?

sorry Redsaw I am not sure I understand, am I to assume that you spoke to the head service engineer of a repair and servicing sub contractor that Dewalt, Bosch, Makita, & Fein outsource their in warranty servicing and repair too? So he does not actually work for any 1 of those brands but gets to see the innards of all of them?

I'm going to go ahead and assume stupid is the bro in law you'd like to go to town on with a nailgun?

we had a guy like that..

got an air staple gun, decked him onto a sheet of ply, then put about a 1000 staples into his boiler suit and propped him against the wall.
he was there for about 5 hours, the noise was distracting so one of the lads made him a gaffa-tache

sorry Redsaw I am not sure I understand, am I to assume that you spoke to the head service engineer of a repair and servicing sub contractor that Dewalt, Bosch, Makita, & Fein outsource their in warranty servicing and repair too? So he does not actually work for any 1 of those brands but gets to see the innards of all of them?

Not many manufacturers use a dedicated repair centre bar hilti if i remember rightly.

i think Milwaukee and panasonic are handled by the same people?

nah! return postage will cost too much on top of the repairs.

i will pay postage to here and bung you a few quid for it to boot.

every ones a winner/?

you can have it for 30 quid & il post it, comes with a case etc... I can post a pic up 2 moz if you want?

Il warn ya tho, its crap! 1st & last sparky tool I ever owned!

you can have it for 30 quid & il post it, comes with a case etc... I can post a pic up 2 moz if you want?

Il warn ya tho, its crap! 1st & last sparky tool I ever owned!

send piccy tho first, is it the one with the 3 cores and case 240v or 110?

send piccy tho first, is it the one with the 3 cores and case 240v or 110?

Its 240v I don't do any site work!

Just the bare drill, its the same one as this link below, I bought it from screwfix too!

Will put a pic 2 moz if still interested...

Sparky BUR2 350E 240V 1100W Diamond Core Drill | NoLinkingToThis

Here she is...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 26

Yes I got a sparky drill I got two hole's out of it before the clutch went trouble was I had it for age's before using it.

I've had one of those Sparky core drills. Sorry RED, but it was a piece of junk. Took it back after 1st core, and got the money back! Clutch was so weak my 92 year old gran could have held onto it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to NEW TOOLS? read this first in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock