Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss New Extension / 10mm Plastic Pipework Installed - Regulations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SCB

Hello

I had a new extension and unfortunately the Heating Engineer adapted / converted the existing 15mm Copper pipework to 10mm PP, this was to provide the discreet finish etc, the subsequent installation of 2 new radiators was performed during December 2013 and I am still encountering a number of problems with the overall performance.

My Questions are:

Is there an industry regulation / standard / code of practice that states all new plastic pipework must be easily identified using appropriate foil tape ?

Is there an industry regulation / standard / code of practice that states all new plastic pipework installation must have a plan supplied to the homeowner by the Heating Engineer.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

If you are experiencing any problems since the adaptation, then your first point of action is to phone the bloke and ''encourage'' him to come and resolve the problems you're experiencing

If you are experiencing any problems since the adaptation, then your first point of action is to phone the bloke and ''encourage'' him to come and resolve the problems you're experiencing

This is the problem, I am looking for a new engineer to diagnose my problem.

Thankyou for the response

foil tape is a nhbc requirement for new build houses under there certification. if you want drawings you need to ask and pay for a design, its not a reg or standard practice.

get a thermal camera and turn the heating on, you should see the pipe route in the wall.

Last edited:
foil tape is a nhbc requirement for new build houses under there certification. if you want drawings you need to ask and pay for a design, its not a reg or standard practice.

get a thermal camera and turn the heating on, you should see the pipe route in the wall.

That's right only if it can be hut by depth of nail or screw. Which is most internal partitions. We're doing nhbc houses at the mo.

That's right only if it can be hut by depth of nail or screw. Which is most internal partitions. We're doing nhbc houses at the mo.

tell the carpenter he should have used a detector before using his nail gun and you will get told to jog off. :)

Filling a site up this week, so far out of 6 houses ive had 5 screwed pipes behind finishes walls. First fix pipe run has been a joke.

10mm to two rads............

I'm betting , both don't work or at best they get tepid. Then,if you turn one off the other works? And vice versa!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Extension / 10mm Plastic Pipework Installed - Regulations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock