Discuss New Boiler - Metal Filings in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

Is it normal/usual or acceptable for there to be this much metal filings in a heating system following a new boiler installation only 5 weeks ago?

A supposed Chemical Flush was completed as part of the installation process.

Attachments

• VID-20231101-WA0012.mp4
    865 KB
  • VID-20231101-WA0013.mp4
    1.2 MB
Nope shouldn’t be there

Was it an internet boiler company ?

Nope shouldn’t be there

Was it an internet boiler company ?
No it was actually installed by a company in Berkshire, but another plumber spotted this after draining the system to fit some radiators.

I can't understand why there would be so much in the system if the flushed it all out correctly during the install.

Get them back to do a proper flush

Reply to New Boiler - Metal Filings in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had a quote for a new boiler installation. Quote said... Power Flush require and install new boiler, ==== After the boiler was started, it was...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I have Worcester combi boiler which has developed a 'fault' recently. When I switch the heating on, the fire in boiler starts for a second or...
Replies
Views
Andy Jackson
A
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I...
Replies
Views
During an install of new boiler ('old' boiler died after 11-12 years) the system was "drained" but I guess maybe 90% of water was left in the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock