Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Mystery Shower Valve and other questions! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

as7533

Hi All,

I've moved into a new place and I'm having some trouble with the thermostatic shower, which is warm at best, despite a piping hot inlet.

I've taken it to bits, given it a descale with some vinegar and lubricated the seals. This did the trick for 10 mins or so, but it then went back to running warm.

What lubricant should I use on the seals and can replacement seals be purchased?

Also any ideas on the manufacturer - pics attached?

Strangely the pipe centres are 140mm, but with some adjustment available in the threads.

Any help greatly appreciated.

PA103039.jpgPA103037.jpgPA103034.jpg

Not sure of the make but thare should be a temperature adjuster inside the centre of the temperature control knob, behind the ceramic cover. You need a long bet very thin flat blade screwdriver.

Looks kinda like a swadling valve to me , but your best bet is email them pic to shower doctor

Thanks for the quick responses and help. I think the shower may be an Ultra 3/4 Dual Control (showerdoc).

Going to order some new seals and regrease properly which will hopefully do the trick.

3rd picture, middle piece is the thermostatic element. That looks stiff to me and may need replacing. ~Check that your cold water is not too powerful by running a few cold taps whilst the shower is

I'm pretty sure that's an old Hudson Reed valve. I had to buy new cartridges recently for a customer and I emailed Hudson Reed a photo. 100% identical to yours.

It's a discontinued item, but this is the email from their customer services team:

The shower in the image is our product code A3091 which is now an archived item but we do still do a service pack for the valve.

Product codes are as follows:-
SNINASF Cartridge £123.00 including VAT and P&P
SASFOR O Ring Kit £0.00 free of charge We recommend all the O rings are change when the cartridge is changed
SA3091HK Handle £0.00 free of charge The original handle will not fit back on so we send a replacement handle out as part of the kit.

Hope that helps!

I think the shower may be an Ultra 3/4 Dual Control (showerdoc).

I'm pretty sure that's an old Hudson Reed valve. I had to buy new cartridges recently for a customer and I emailed Hudson Reed a photo. 100% identical to yours.

It's a discontinued item, but this is the email from their customer services team:

The shower in the image is our product code A3091 which is now an archived item but we do still do a service pack for the valve.

Product codes are as follows:-
SNINASF Cartridge £123.00 including VAT and P&P
SASFOR O Ring Kit £0.00 free of charge We recommend all the O rings are change when the cartridge is changed
SA3091HK Handle £0.00 free of charge The original handle will not fit back on so we send a replacement handle out as part of the kit.

Hope that helps!

It would make sense. Ultra Group own Hudson Reed, and a lot of the engineering is common across platforms, with just the design elements varying by brand.

It would make sense. Ultra Group own Hudson Reed, and a lot of the engineering is common across platforms, with just the design elements varying by brand.

That's useful to know, Ray. Maybe some common parts as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mystery Shower Valve and other questions! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock