Discuss Mystery debris in the bottom of my boiler! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rosy

Can anyone help identify these charred remains found in the bottom (on the floor) of an old Potterton floor standing boiler. What are the bits? How could they have got there? How did they get charred? What are they part of? One person has suggested that they may be part of a non return valve!!

Any help welcome.

Attachments

• P1000496.jpg
    P1000496.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 73
  • P1000495.jpg
    P1000495.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 56
probably just left them there to show whoever looks at it next that it has been checked properly. I will often leave one pellet or a smoke match behind.

probably just left them there to show whoever looks at it next that it has been checked properly. I will often leave one pellet or a smoke match behind.

Me too. I think it's good practise

I'm more concerned as to why your looking inside your boiler?

Thanks for your help. That it explains it! An engineer did some smoke test on it a few weeks ago. I will leave it up in the air as to whether he is messy or not!

Noticed them when I had to relight the pilot after a tenant left the property. Anything more that that I leave up to you professionals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mystery debris in the bottom of my boiler! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back