Search the forum,

Discuss Myson Apollo 30/50c in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeebeedee

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Handed me a kicking today!!! :censored:

Thermocouple wouldn't stay lit tested it 16 mv at the tip, interrupter tested ok, changed the gas valve and still the bloody thing wouldn't stay lit! After fiddling with the hump of junk for 20 mins about to head to the merchants to rant about broken gas valves of the shelf. I noticed the smallest and I mean smallest bit of rust on the connection between the thermocouple and interrupter. Cleaned it with a bit of wire wool and woosh! That satisfying sound when the bugger lights!

Some days I really hate boilers!

Use to hate the open flued apollo's mate! Killers in the making I thought!! :) For some reason myson/thorn messed around a bit with them as they progressed too, changing the t/cupl and o'heats as they went! One of the things I'd often do was clean the t/c seating as it often gave intermittent pilot outage issues :)

Give me one of these any day TBH! Lot less to go wrong in comparison to its modern version :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Myson Apollo 30/50c in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock