Search the forum,

Discuss my sons in total shock,lad killed in school today in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez that's beyond words, it's beyond not good hearing things like this, blimey his poor family !!! Hope your fellas ok

Wooo that is not nice but you must be relieved for your own. That other kids Christmas is ruined for life for that family.

:speechless:

Don`t leave your boy alone tonight, even if he say`s he wants to go to his room for awhile somebody has to go with him, don`t let him fester with it in his head and tell him it`s ok to cry and get it out of his system. Wish you luck.

Most adults would hate to witness such a tragedy so i feel for your son and the family of the deceased, i cant imagine what that poor family is going through,, I hope your boys ok Mark ,

Good god that's horrendous what a think to witness. Hope your sons ok mate.

Bloody hell Mark! As RPM said above, don't leave your lad alone, this is going to play on his mind. The poor little bugger!

My heart goes out to the other lads family.

ive no doubt things like this happen all the time but it always seems they peak before xmas be no joy in that house for a good few years

Don`t let him go all silent about what he saw or heard mate, tell him it`s a one on one conversation father & son stuff. Do more listening than talking if you can. Even take a bottle and two glasses with you and lock yourselfs in a room together. (thats based on the article saying teenagers involved).

15 ray,he has gone down my sisters for a few hours,see if she can console him

RPM has good advice. He's young and will get over it, but will need an outlet. Silence and stiff upper lips are are a recipe for future problems.

ccccc.jpg

Hope your young uns ok really important to talk about it though and to cry aswell. Its better let out than bottled up. Thought with you and the family of the lad

What a tragic thing so close to Christmas for all involved. I've been in circumstances where two people have been killed mate, I was older than your lad but you may be surprised at how he reacts, he won't sleep tonight for thinking about it but as said above keep a close eye on him, if he insists on going to school then let him, he needs to be with his other mates and grieve/talk together. We all react differently to accident's, my mate who was also there was a mess for a long time, It shook me up for a few weeks but once the funerals were over I found things got much easier because people stopped keep talking about it and asking me questions. Just remember, he might not want to talk yet !! Don't pressurise him !! My heart goes out to them kids it ain't a nice thing !!!

When I was a bursar at an lea school, one of the kids killed one of the others out of school. The teachers were the best you could hope for and counselled the pupils and got them all together offering advice and support, and the kids themselves are often the best support network for each other, get them to support each other. Only my own opinion, once the professional councellors arrived on scene after a day or so, problems arose, kids became traumatized and shocked by the way they were counselled!! My advice is to keep the Councellors away from your boy and use the network of family, friends and the school group for support.

When I was a bursar at an lea school, one of the kids killed one of the others out of school. The teachers were the best you could hope for and counselled the pupils and got them all together offering advice and support, and the kids themselves are often the best support network for each other, get them to support each other. Only my own opinion, once the professional councellors arrived on scene after a day or so, problems arose, kids became traumatized and shocked by the way they were counselled!! My advice is to keep the Councellors away from your boy and use the network of family, friends and the school group for support.
my sisters well meaning but interfering ,said he should off all week,i have convinced him to go back in tomorrow,police want witness statements,best way he can deal with it,i agree with you john

That's so sad, really sorry for the lads family and really sorry for your boy, nobody should ever have to witness that, especially a young child.

your heart has to go out to the family of the lad who was killed, its a pig that it always seems to happen at xmas.

your heart has to go out to the family of the lad who was killed, its a pig that it always seems to happen at xmas.

my lad tells me the mum was diagnosed with cancer a fortnight ago,he thinks its pancreatic ,poor family,from bad to terrible

wifes mate got breast cancer just over 2 years back, then her daughter got killed in a tractor accident, her ponies foal was born a month later and the daft critter decided to break both legs and had to be shot, seems life just isnt fair at times for some folk. Others just sail through with the sun shining out their asses throughout their lives???

So tragic and cruel.
A life full of hopes ambitions and dreams ended just isnt fair
I really feel for the lad and his family.
Having kids myself I cant imagine what they are going through.
Makes you stop and think how delicate life is and how each day should never be taken for granted.

Rip

How`s your boy today?

he went to school today,had a interview with police and seen the councilor the brought in ,which he felt was pointless he has told the school he is not coming back until next week,found it to stressful,which they have agreed too

Just read what happened to your sons friend. That's terrible for him and d poor lads family. It's hard to give anyone any advice on this unless you've been through something similar. All ye can do is b there for him. It's going to b tough for him and his pals

Mark all that needs saying has already been said, i really hope your lad gets over his experience in time.

Incidents like these can sometimes destroy families. If all family members of the deceased are not prepared to look ahead, it may become a blame game?
- If only you had allowed him to stay at home, he would still be alive, etc, etc.
I hope the families pull together. Hope your son gets over the incident with time

try to get his mates fm school round this weekend, they'll work it all out between them given some space, dont let him miss out on memorials and funeral service, its all part of the healing process in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to my sons in total shock,lad killed in school today in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock