Discuss My heating won't turn off! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ryannn

Hi, hoping I can get some advice on here.

I have a Remeha Avanta Plus boiler and a Towerstat RF wireless thermostat thingy.

The batteries ran low on the transmitter yesterday and ever since, the heating has been on non stop. I've changed the batteries and the heating still runs, no matter what setting I have on the transmitter.

I have searched high and low but I cannot find a receiver anywhere in the house. Can anyone offer any advice? I've resorted to having to switch the whole boiler off unless I want to wash up!

Thanks!

Is the receiver built into the boiler ? if not what make stat have you got

Is the receiver built into the boiler ? if not what make stat have you got

I can't find a receiver anywhere in the house. How likely is it to be inside the boiler? I'd never had a problem until the batteries ran low!

Do you have a circular clock on the front panel of boiler ? Or a receiver there ?

Do you have a circular clock on the front panel of boiler ? Or a receiver there ?

So, just had a look. There's no clock on the front, just a white circle with a flashing light. Is this the receiver then? Thanks guys! I can't upload a photo for some reason but it sounds like that is it!

Yes that's it, you may have to pair it up again, look in users instructions should tell you how to do it

The tower systems for the money are v-good, it you end up changing it check what the genuine Remeha one costs.

Its fooked, tower are pants, you need someone to come and put a better new one in

Lol , I just have a feeling I have tempted fate, there's going to be a 'help' my boilers stopped phone call in the morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to My heating won't turn off! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock