Search the forum,

Discuss Musty mildewy smell a couple days after washing clothes in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

B

bubba52

This may be a weird question but looking for any thoughts as to what this could be.. i recently in the last few months moved my washer dryer upstairs from the basement. Its a brand new washer dryer front loader. I always leave the washer door open so this isnt the issue, but often when i wash a couple loads of clothes a day or 2 later when i go near the washer dryer it smells mildewy musty. It eventually goes away until next time. I know weird right.

Check the coupling between the water supply hose and the machine for evidence of leakage. A small leak can soak into flooring almost unnoticed over a long period and will eventually cause damp/musty smells.

Check the instruction book. There may be filters that need clearing of lint regularly. Washing machines often have a 'drum cleaning' cycle that should be used typically once a month. Chucking a couple of capfuls of Dettol into the drum before starting a cleaning cycle may help.

Reply to Musty mildewy smell a couple days after washing clothes in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock