Search the forum,

Discuss Musty mildewy smell a couple days after washing clothes in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

B

bubba52

This may be a weird question but looking for any thoughts as to what this could be.. i recently in the last few months moved my washer dryer upstairs from the basement. Its a brand new washer dryer front loader. I always leave the washer door open so this isnt the issue, but often when i wash a couple loads of clothes a day or 2 later when i go near the washer dryer it smells mildewy musty. It eventually goes away until next time. I know weird right.

Check the coupling between the water supply hose and the machine for evidence of leakage. A small leak can soak into flooring almost unnoticed over a long period and will eventually cause damp/musty smells.

Check the instruction book. There may be filters that need clearing of lint regularly. Washing machines often have a 'drum cleaning' cycle that should be used typically once a month. Chucking a couple of capfuls of Dettol into the drum before starting a cleaning cycle may help.

Reply to Musty mildewy smell a couple days after washing clothes in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We have noticed for a while now that when our washing machine nears the end of a cycle we get a bad smell of dirty water in the downstairs toilet which is next door. We have moved the washing machine as we are having floor tiles put down and have noticed that the waste pipe is full of dark...
Replies
Views
My water stinks. Smells musty. I installed a Whirlpool water softener mid February of this year ('23) and it's smelled ever since. So here's the story: we live on a farm in southeast PA. Our well is 60' deep with the water table around 10'. Two houses supplied from the same well. One day I...
Replies
Views
I used my LG ThinQ front loader washing machine for the first time this morning. Just to wash some pocketless shirts, so I'm sure there was nothing in there that could have fallen out. Now, however, the washer is making a metallic scratching/ twanging sound every few seconds, even though it is...
Replies
Views
Hi Plumbersforums, I’m not a plumber, but a tenant with a possible plumbing issue. I live in a 100+ year-old walkup, and my landlord renovates apartments without a permit. A few years ago, he installed a washer/dryer in the apartment above mine, in the closet above my closet. Two days ago, I...
Replies
Views
For about a year, my shower on a third floor is giving an on off gas smell sometimes after a shower and particularly in the morning not long after the sun rises enough to hit our roof. I usually run some water into my p-trap and the smell goes away after a few minutes. There is a tub right...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock