Discuss Multimeter testing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gregg1908

Hi

Can anyone suggest a simple guide book or web site describing how to test boiler components with a multimeter.

I recently checked a ferroli boiler when the fan was not proving,i called there tec detp and they suggested i tested the fans resistance which should have been 76 ohms.

They said to take of the blue and brown lead from the fan set my meter at 200 ohms and put one tip of the probes on each fan spade.

The reading should have been 76ohms yet it read 1 . basicaly nothing so the fan motor they said was no good,yet after opening the board cover up and checking connections i fired up the boiler and the fan worked dispelling the zero reading.

I went on a £50 one day boiler course at Worcester and was taught this then received a few really helpful hand outs.

I appreciate this won't help you tomorrow but could be worth looking into for the future.

Great help have you any contact details on the course please ?

i did the mr combi (well worth it) i also did the Vokera fault finding course (its free) and that one was just as good,

if your meter is reading 1 it may not on the right scale, and the fact the fan worked would suggest it either wasn't on the right scale or a cheap and nasty multimeter.
auto-ranging multimeters don't cost a lot and are good if you're not sure what your expected readings should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Multimeter testing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock