Discuss Megaflo pressure reducing valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Ash if it is not too far away from you go back & remove the section of pipe you will find the small white cap blocking the pipe we have had a few of these. You do not need to replace the PRV but may be you can alter the pipework so it is how Part G & the MI's say it should be installed & not likely to be much difference in the cost (you shouldn't even need to drain the cylinder as the check valve will hold the water from coming back.

Thanks, I'll go armed with a new valve anyway. I'll check for blockages and if that's all it is I'll adjust the price accordingly. I would have done this when I first went but I haven't met the landlord and had no guarantee I'd be paid. I've sent a price and asked for 50% to be paid first.

Town. Fact is the filter on the pressure reducing valve will be solid with crap as its obvs never been touched so an all in one like that would simply save time and get it done first visit. What Ash then charges is up to him ;)

As I mentioned earlier, and completely agree with you, the PRV after MUST have the same value or less (but that can cause probs) NEVER ever higher.

Been tonight the filter was chocka with muck. It was solid I couldn't clean it up.

Put a new pressure reducing valve and lever valve on but the megaflo still won't fill. It will drain but won't fill. When I open the lever valve it will make a clunk as if its blocked but won't fill or let me recharge.

do you have water at the lever valve?

You can undo the black head from those PRVs to access the filter Ash.
What is the muck like? if it has come that far up the mains supply the likely hood is it is up against a stop valve or something else. Just got to work your way back along the line to see were you have water.

water through the prv?

Reply to Megaflo pressure reducing valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock