Discuss Megaflo pressure reducing valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi everyone,

Was called to a megaflo last night, no water coming from any taps. Followed the recharge instructions but made no difference. I heard gurgling but no discharge appeared and the gurgling stopped after approx 3 minutes.

I spoke to heatrae sadia who recommended new pressure reducing/inlet valve.

Has anyone fitted a non heatrae sadia one before and is that OK?
Obviously heatrae sadia says it has to be their own but they would say that. Does it really make any difference if I was to order one that is a lot cheaper?

Thanks

Fine aslong as they don't care any more about the warranty

Personally I always replace like for like, dont buy the prv etc direct , there’s plenty places you can buy them . Just post a pic if you can I may have one .

What matters are the ratings to maintain safe operation. Many are no longer avail so how else can one proceed?
So long as all pressures, temps & discharge flow rates are replicated or exceeded then it's fine. Buying stuff from likes of altecnic (?) is perfectly acceptable - and cheaper.
Been replacing with alternatives for many years and never once any probs.

First, any 22MM PRV & full bore lever valve will fit. Youll just have to put a piece off 22mm tween em.

Of more concern to me is way pressure relief valve is piped. Its not in any way kosher. The tundish needs lowering ( i think but cant quite see) so the pressure relief discharges correctly.

Remember its your name, your insurance.

Hope you noticed the faults phone advanced water up they will have something for you in stock

Pathetic discharge pipe , but landlord wont be bothered .
They way thats done , I would put a good quality 3 bar prv , it’s obviously not a multi bloc so that helps you , the check valve is in the housing with the “running up hill “expansion valve lol . So the prv is on its own and easy to swap .

If no water is coming out at all it will be the plastic white cap off the end of the PRV, it will be lodged it the check valve on the relief safety valve tee.
Turn off & take out the section of pipe between the two, bet you fit it wedged in there & blocking the flow.

Reply to Megaflo pressure reducing valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock