Currently reading:
Leaking push fit fittings

Discuss Leaking push fit fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

riksony

registered plumber
I have just pressure tested a system of pex pipe and push fit fittings to 6 bar air test. I soon found air escaping slowly from some of the fittings. I changed over to a water test and it shows no leaks, how is this.

With Irish pex the makers ask for 6 bar for 1 hr and 3 bar for 15 mins, working pressure from there on. I did this with water after the air leaks and put it up to 4 bar and it has held since. Do you think I should put up the pressure

yes 1.5x your incoming pressure

Air test ,very temperature sensitive , and has poor heat removal/equalize ability .
(But leaks easier to clean up - so long as don't get Shot in the bum )

Back in my early days first fixing newbuild totally in plastic (polypipe or osma pushfit) we used to take the rothenberger tester up to 18bar for an hour, if something was gonna go it usually went about 12 and it went good and proper. Used to bring a change of clothes on a Friday with four or five first fixes to test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking push fit fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock