Discuss Leadlocs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gravytrain

hi guys,

i am doing a bathroom refurb and the cold water supply is lead and comes out from the floor under the bath into plumbing spaghetti of copper and lead.

i need to get rid of this and have read some of the previous posts on here re lead pipe which suggest using a leadloc.
my worry is that i have had problems with these in the past. i had one that just popped off on its own in the middle of the night and flooded a cellar. i know you'll be thinking it was the wrong size or not fitted properly, but it was definately correct.

do you guys often get problems with leadlocs or was i just unlucky

thanks for all replies

Never use them. Use a Philmac instead, much more secure and easy to fit. I've fitted them to live water mains!

is that a specific philmac lead to copper connector or a universal connector

thanks

is that a specific philmac lead to copper connector or a universal connector

thanks
You can get lead to copper, lead to plastic and a universal one but I use the first two as they have been designed for each particular use. There's also solder wiping if you're an old plumber like me! LOL

never had a single problem with "leadlocs"..... fitted correctly they work well. never tried the philmac fittings but they get great reviews.

I used two philmacs to put a new stopcock into a lead supply ... it was just temporary for a few weeks but it worked like a dream. I used the Universal with the appropriate inserts. Not cheap but easy to use and they feel really robust and tightly 'locked on'.

Used my first philmac fitting today to get on to a black plastic main.....was well impressed by it.....would deffo recommend them. But I've never had a problem with leadlocs either.

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leadlocs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock