Discuss Landlord certificate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dannyboygas

Hi lads and ladies.

Not posted since joining been thankfully mad busy. Just after some advice if anybody can, mainly, I rent a property from an estate agent and they said even though all my quals are up to date a gas engineer can not do a safety cert in his own home. Not really bothered either way, just being nosy.

Secondly, quoting for a bathroom at a village hall, anybody installed the cubicles themselves or is it best to get a joiner in?

Thanks

Dannyboygas I will tell you how you can do a LGSC and mark it safe without a TT, because it isn't part of the test, it is listed under the landlords requirements alongside service and maintenance as a recommendation but it doesn't have to be done as part of LGSC

I'm not making up any rules turn it in, you say it as if i don't know how hard the job is? You can do whatever you want pal, as can I. Personally (as in, myself) I just wouldn't feel right doing a LSC and not doing a tightness test. It's four minutes and can save a lot of heartache later on.

I wouldnt say its making up rules, its more like exceeding the bare minimum legal requirements and its even in the recommendations.
I dont think anyone will criticise one when they discover a dangerous leak.

At the end of the day each to thier own but if somewhere went bang because of a perfectly discoverable gas leak and one said well its a recommendation but I didnt do it because I dont have to...well rather you than me...

Dannyboy, our job is hard enough without people like you making up their own rules

Thats a bit harsh, if the lad is doing his job to his satisfaction then he knows he has done it right......if you want to do the bare minimum then thats down to you, but dont slate him for being thorough.

i have always done a drop test as part of a landlords cert, i didnt realize that you didnt have too and that it was only recommended, in my opinion if a landlord is paying you to make sure the property is safe then surely this is one of the most important tests.

tightness test isnt part of the cert but if he didnt go to the meter how did he do gas rates which is part of the cert
llgs is a visual inspection if your taking out the oven to check pipework why are you not ripping down boxings and lifting floors

tightness test isnt part of the cert but if he didnt go to the meter how did he do gas rates which is part of the cert
llgs is a visual inspection if your taking out the oven to check pipework why are you not ripping down boxings and lifting floors

In honesty Steve it's simple. Because it takes 2 minutes, it's easy to do and not to mention I have came across so many hobs that the landlord or his handy man have fitted, with the incorrect fitting. That and gas Fire restricter elbow are the first places I check when there is a failure on a TT.

Dont know why I bother though, called Gas safe once to explain I have found a hob with a flexible hose and they basically said 'is it leaking?' No. 'Leave it then'.

My post did sound harsh,I should'nt have worded it like that ,but I was'nt responding to the Tightness Test,I always do one ,it was spillage tests on the boiler and cooker which I thought he was being a over zealous

It is over zealous, Scorps. Not doubting that, just something I do. If I didn't do it then I certainly wouldn't write 'pass'. In the unlikely event that I did find spillage, for the very short time it takes to do I certainly wouldn't be displeased.

I thought I'd sent a post soon after my first, appologising for the way it read, but I did that on my phone and reading back now I can see it did'nt get sent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Landlord certificate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back