Search the forum,

Discuss Paper/Electronic Certificates and Signing off. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Lee Davies

Gas Engineer
Hello all,

Just being nosey.
How do you all carry your certificate completion out?

Do you still use good old carbon copy pads?
I know others pay for software which keeps everything under one roof.

I have my own templates which I have created for the following:

Landlord Safety Certs,
Tightness Tests,
Installation/commission/decommission,
Warning notices
etc etc.

The issue I have is getting the client to sign them.

Currently I have to print off the certificate once completed and get the client to sign, then scan it back onto my computer for storage.

I would ideally like to enable the customer to electronically sign with say a stylus pen so it can be emailed without the requirement of any printing.

Does anyone else here use there own certificates and have clients do as above?

How do the clients sign certificates when using software such as gasengineersoftware?

Regards

App and get them to sign on I pad but tbh most of the time they don’t sign

App and get them to sign on I pad but tbh most of the time they don’t sign

How do you go about when they don't sign as that is your first port of proof the work was carried out.

Do you just make a note the client would not sign?

I think I may invest in a tablet, when saved to PDF, get the customer to sign with a stylus using Adobe Sign.

I can't see the benefit of spending £20 a month on software when I have all the templates etc already made by myself.

TBH haven’t been challenged / no one not paid

Gas checker around 80 a year

Do you not find the van gets full of pads and everything gets a mess. I do oil as well and it always wound me up about 10 separate pads in the van then you spill coffee over them. Lol.

To be honest no , I keep the pads in a plastic box file under the passenger seat, personally I dont do enough these days to warrant anything else

I think the best option for me is to get something like a Microsoft Surface GO and have excel running so the customer can use a stylus and sign there.

My laptop is on the blink and it gives me an excuse to buy some new technology haha

Hello all,

Just being nosey.
How do you all carry your certificate completion out?

Do you still use good old carbon copy pads?
I know others pay for software which keeps everything under one roof.

I have my own templates which I have created for the following:

Landlord Safety Certs,
Tightness Tests,
Installation/commission/decommission,
Warning notices
etc etc.

The issue I have is getting the client to sign them.

Currently I have to print off the certificate once completed and get the client to sign, then scan it back onto my computer for storage.

I would ideally like to enable the customer to electronically sign with say a stylus pen so it can be emailed without the requirement of any printing.

Does anyone else here use there own certificates and have clients do as above?

How do the clients sign certificates when using software such as gasengineersoftware?

Regards
For this I use Gas App UK download it from play store or Apple store. It's £25 per year all the forms come in for that price

I think the best option for me is to get something like a Microsoft Surface GO and have excel running so the customer can use a stylus and sign there.

My laptop is on the blink and it gives me an excuse to buy some new technology haha

I’ve gone down this route and written my own software for sizing pipes/rads/quotes/invoicing /contact/service reminders etc.

I went for tablets rather than laptop due the built in camera and GPS.

Couple of weeks work upfront but think it will pay off in longer term.

Also sends texts to customers with expected times and allows them to track when we’ll be there’s.

Reply to Paper/Electronic Certificates and Signing off. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi - I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not, but I'm looking for some advice with regards to a recent (nightmare) new gas boiler install. Our old gas combi boiler needed replacing, so we shopped around and got a deal via BOXT. Our understanding is that BOXT then sub-contract to local...
Replies
Views
Mark Butler
M
Hi guys I'm after some help with something that maybe fairly obvious. Boring stuff to do with the gas safety register website. I have a client who is a house builder, they are after getting habitation certificate done in one house from local authority and on Monday I have commissioned the gas...
Replies
Views
I have recently completed a drain down and decommission in an office block. Another company are now doing some rip out and have asked for an isolation certificate for gas and water. Does anyone have a template for this?
Replies
Views
hi i have just completed my acs qualification and im looking at purchasing a gas flue analyser. as money is tight at the moment i was looking into second hand appliances. the question is if the analyser is still calibrated until december 2019 but has no certificate or a certificate in another...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 82985
D
A LL cert costs around £50 in my area for 2 appliances. I find that I am really struggling to complete it in an hour to make it worthwhile for me. At the same time, I don't want to be cutting corners like those charging £30 and in and out in 15 min. I just did one recently that took me 2 hours...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock