Discuss Labour Estimate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

theskiingbear

More grief. I need help from you trusted experts please. What would you estimate the labour for the following :

1) attach a bath to a waste
2) attach a thermostat and shower head to a tiled wall
3) hang a wall hung unit
4) reconnect a tap
5) fit a concealed cistern taps to a toilet
6) attach floor standing bath taps to porcelain floor and connect to existing plumbing
7) attach toilet to porcelain floor

All the plumbing is in, just attaching and connecting.

The dreamers doing our job reckon thats taken 7.5 days.....My thinking 2 days

Last edited by a moderator:
could even be done in a long day if im honest but what sort of a break dwon did you get from them for the 7.5 days work

have you got a second plumber to quote in?

no estimate given. but the above has been done over the course of 3 days, having a laugh. i made a note of what got done each day, first day cistern fitted , that was it.... so we'll have a debate when it comes to pay day. thanks for your view!

i can understand problems happenming as we all come accrooss them but even with a few issues a cistern should be fitted in a couple of hours at most especially if old one aint there and pipework is!

unlesscistern was faulty (happened to me before) and had to be taken back to supplier, they had no more in stock so had to drive to another branch, 30 mins to get the correct one

Where was the concealed cistern being fitted - was there access ?
Sometimes concealed cisterns can be a pig of a job

and why would you get someone to fit a bathroom without an estimate or quote ?

This thread reminds me of a Dolphin Bathrooms bloke who hassled me and my wife about 15 years ago. We were looking at bathrooms and Dolphin just happened to cold call us so we asked them in. Had a quote for about £12,500 (1995 ish) just for the suite and plumbing and when we asked about installing a WC he quoted £1,500!! Subsequently asked a local builder who provided a plumber (who installed £1,600 bath, etc - those were the days when we had some money).

It was a 3 week job for 4 people full time and cost £7,000 in the end. Gorgeous bathroom with large corner whirlpool bath, expensive taps and white, really fluffy carpet, new proper lighting, etc. Looks rather standard these days but back then it was luxurious.

Hi skiingbear

Seems that you have alot of problems with these guys as read your other posts. Is this same job your bathroom your on about. And please tell me your on about same guys whom charged you 1200 for materials and not some one new.

kind regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Labour Estimate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock