Currently reading:
Kane 455 Bluetooth?

Discuss Kane 455 Bluetooth? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marco

Hi I'm looking at getting a FGA and pretty much narrowed it down to the Kane 455 CPA1 kit.Has anyone tried the bluetooth option? Is it anygood and therefore worth having? Can you add it on later?

Thanks

Mark

The Bluetooth option is to transfer the data to a PDA then send back to your office. Unless you have 50 plus engineers working for you and are prepared to spend money having the software written in the same format as your forms, save your money and use it on paper rolls. If you want to down load the data, Kane will sell you the software and cable to connect to a PC. MACS are not supported. Check with Kane that it will work with Windows 7.

Also ask if it works with smart phones such as the iPhone. I don't think it does. Do you have a PDA, another cost.

Data transfer by Bluetooth is slower than using a cable to PC.

Kevin
It can be added later.

Thanks Kevin. I was just looking into if it was possible to send to a PC (cable would be fine!) similar to how the Anton Sprint does, for storing records or providing something that looked a bit better than the til roll style that could be emailed etc. Can't decide if people (inc me!) would use it in practice because it is more time when you get home? Maybe I'll try without and look to add on after?

just a thought and might not work (as per some of my other thoughts!!!!!!) but could you take a pic of the printed result, this could be attached and emailed later,

Thanks KIRKGAS - I was thinking along similar lines, but it sounds like a good cheap and chearful solution....it would act a bit like a PDF ie someone couldn't alter the document like in a Word document or similar.

One company I know spent £4000 on the software, they have 100 engineers. Other large company started with Bluetooth, then bought the printers.

The Kane will store up to 179 readings, mixed between combustion, pressure and temperature tests, about a busy weeks worth?

For more data logging look at the new Testo 330-2ll, 5000000 data logs. And a nice colour screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kane 455 Bluetooth? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back