Currently reading:
Is it safe to put plasterboard next to central heating pipes

Discuss Is it safe to put plasterboard next to central heating pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bobmarsh

I am doing some soundproofing in flat and I need to lay some lay some plasterboard down between the floor joists, through one of the channels there are hot water and central heating pipes. There is just enough room for some 9mm plasterboard to go over the top of the pipes but in one place some of the pipes touch or are very close to the plasterboard.

Is it safe for the plasterboard to touch the hot pipes? I'm worried about the fire risk.

.......the plasterboard wont do naff all between joists......
infact it sitting loose will make it worse!

where does it says it's sitting loose?

There is 100m Rockwool under the pipes that is tight against the joists, the plasterboard will sit on battens and then he edges are sealed wit acoustic mastic. This keeps them from moving.

Normall Rockwool is a poor sound insulator. Hope your using the purpose sound damping stuff. Condensation on the pipe work would be more of a consideration over and heat damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is it safe to put plasterboard next to central heating pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock