Discuss Insurance work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

barronbathrooms

Hello all, got an emergency call out today at midday in a nursing home. 2 open vented indirect cylinders had burst due to corrosion. I have had to rip out the boxing in as they were tiled in, find and supply 2 new stainless cylinders. And alter pipe work to suit which included draining and refilling both heating and hot water systems. I have also had to alter boxing in and re plasterboard as they were in main bathroom and need to use it. Job done in 8 hours so my question is what rate would I get away with charging as it is through the insurance? Do you think £40 per hour is OTT?

Far too cheap. I'd double it for all the work you put in at such short notice.

Seriously! I've only every done bathroom insurance work and charged £ 150 per day. But as you say was short notice!

Don't sell yourself short, if you did a top job then you deserve top money.

There's no way I'd be happy with £320 for doing all that at short notice and working till 8. I'd say double it too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

insurance work=more money
bill them for time,fuel,extra labour you can get away with it as its a nursing home and priority is very high.
I done a care home boiler service,inspection,powerflush heating system and i was laughing away to he pub ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Insurance work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back