Discuss I'm looking for employment with a plumber/heating engineer in London, Kent and Sussex in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marty32

Good afternoon all

My name is Martyn, 33 years of age and am currently studying the City & Guilds 6129 plumbing technical certificate (due to complete in Feb 2013) and am looking for employment with a sole trader or firm in Plumbing and Heating.

I have opted to do the 6129 tech cert as I hope this will enhance my employment prospects.

I have, up until a couple of years ago, been employed as an intermediate skilled plumber and worked on properties in London and Kent but unfortunately had been laid off due to the recession biting in. I had to take a job that isn't plumbing related because of the lack of opportunities to gain employment at a trainee level and the need to pay the bills like most of us!

I hold a full UK driving licence and own a car of which I am happy to use to and from jobs. In addition to past plumbing skills I bring with me great customer service skills, polite, respectful, clean and tidy appearance and tidy up after myself which I know all go down very well reputational wise with the customer.

I am looking to be employed full-time and long term working for someone and helping them grow the business and client base.

If you have a vacancy for a Plumbing and Heating mate's job in London, Kent or East Sussex or want a chat to find out more about me I'd be really grateful if you would send me a Private Message as soon as possible.

Thanks for taking the time out to read my request and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Martyn

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: I'm looking for employment with a plumber/heating engineer in London, Kent and Su

I remember your last post Marty. Things not improved any for you mate?

Re: I'm looking for employment with a plumber/heating engineer in London, Kent and Su

I remember your last post Marty. Things not improved any for you mate?

Hi Hunter

No mate no luck as yet but I don't want to give up as I don't want to do anything else! I'll keep doing my day job until I get fortunate or the work and economy picks up...fingers crossed!

Theres alot of people in the same boat at the moment. You say you have some experience Why not get some cards and put them out and try and get a bit of plumbing work on the side to start you off, evenings and weekends changing taps fitting sinks and toilets etc. I started out as a pipefitter and had little experience of plumbing but thought what the hell give it a shot. I was working 50 hours a week running three water treatment jobs down south at the time and i found a way to do it. I did really well out of it took a while but it shows if your willing to have a go you dont need anyone else to start with.

Theres alot of people in the same boat at the moment. You say you have some experience Why not get some cards and put them out and try and get a bit of plumbing work on the side to start you off, evenings and weekends changing taps fitting sinks and toilets etc. I started out as a pipefitter and had little experience of plumbing but thought what the hell give it a shot. I was working 50 hours a week running three water treatment jobs down south at the time and i found a way to do it. I did really well out of it took a while but it shows if your willing to have a go you dont need anyone else to start with.
sound advice. its the route i'm having to take. things picking up nicely. got some rad work on a shop being changed to flats this week. 3 showers and a tap change. all things i can do to build up experiance. and importantly cinfidence.

*confidence.sodding keyboard

I started off plumbing apprenticeship with a local firm and when qualified moved onto a bigger one, all the while i was doing small jobs at weekends and evenings building up a reputation and customer base, over time more and more calls were coming in so I left the company and set up on my own 5 yrs ago, best thing i ever done as with the way the climate is now its very hard starting out and to have a solid customer base big advantage
So doing lots of small jobs or any you can get and doing a good job will get you referrals and lead to more work ,Its all about getting your name out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I'm looking for employment with a plumber/heating engineer in London, Kent and Sussex in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock