Currently reading:
Ideal Icos HE15 noise

Discuss Ideal Icos HE15 noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

galaxy_plumbing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys, been to icos this evening. Boiler occasionally make noise sounding like turbine or something like that. ANy ideas what could be causing this? Boiler been serviced in june by somebody, found printout from analyzer. ratio was good however co2 wa 8.9, any ideas what it should be?

many thanks for any advice.

had a look in the burner compartment is always my starting point on these.

Serviced or just Hoover the case and probe? Probably the latter.

Strip down and clean out would be my first move, check earth and clean ignition electrodes.

i cleaned sensing probes as boiler was giving ef error, although that what i was called there for. i noticed that noise when boiler started and cust asked what it could be

Did it ignite quickly or with a lovely boom? Pumps are common on these? Fan bearing ?

sparking is good and ignition seemed quick, noise starts after ignition. will upload video as i recorded it.

Possibly fan? Was flue short or was it a monster. Has a duo tec once with an out of trim fan and it sounded like mr bucket having the runs!

[video=youtube;8Zcetbu2I-I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zcetbu2I-I&feature=youtu.be[/video]

dont be scared :D

noise usually appears when boiler starts in fisrt few seconds or minutes but its random, doesn't happen everytime.

Have you checked the condense run is clear? Had a similar fault on a vaillant where the condense pipe was partially blocked and after an hour or so of heating it would make an almighty noise.

Crap in the Venturi. Don't worry about the c02 level on ideals its ratio only as per the manufacturers.

20131207_125500[1].jpg

there you go, cause of the noise, completely blocked condense trap

no, i only cleaned sensing probe, somebody else was doing service in june, apparently didnt clean trap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Icos HE15 noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back