Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal condense help pls in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Knappers

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I've got a problem with an ideal combi (shock I know) recently the condense keeps backing up despite pipe being clear.
It's not got the best fall but I have fiddled and it's now atleast horizontal into wall.
I think its back pressure in drain causing airlock in pipe as that could explain how its developed (if there's a drainage issue that's not causing obvious backing up)

Initially I quoted to cut out a bit of wall and drop pipe a bit to get a good fall but when I went to do it I found pipe runs horizontally not down behind plasterboard.

The issue I have now is that customer is expecting a fix and all I can think is to re-pipe and plumb into waste above the sink trap but this will require cutting out lots of plasterboard and some awkward access issues behind units (expensive).
I could fit a condense pump under sink but that doesn't feel right.
I can't go to outside as it's a block of flats.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Reply to Ideal condense help pls in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock