Search the forum,

Discuss I Need To Report a PROBLEM in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

village idiot

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have just visited this young couple's home. They have a 5 yr old child and the property was freezingly cold. They have to manually turn their heating on when they wake up, and turn the boiler completely off each time they live the house. I wanted to know why they wouldn't just leave it on a timer? 'We need to save money'.
I want to Report them but know I will not get the job to update the system, so I'll just keep quiet about it.

HPM Industry News: Plumbers ‘should report cold homes’

Who are you going to report them to ?lots of people live without heating I grew up in a house with no heating

What is there to report VI? From the sound of it they have a timer but refuse to use it. You can't prevent them exercising their personal choice.

The reporting that they want plumbers to do is for cases of extreme fuel poverty and vulnerable people where lives are at risk. Unless there's more you're not telling us I don't see how that applies here.

But if there was such a situation, not reporting or up because you won't get the job is a morally horrible way to think. Basic humanity would suggest that if there is a way of getting help for them then a quick email or letter is not that big an ask...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just send your report to, Dave at number 10 Downing Street, I'm sure he'd want to know!! LOL

Meteorologically speaking, its Spring. Heatings off now till Winter arrives on December 1st.

Tell them to cuddle,

I just told them that. Infact, they started to grab each other as I left their house. I'm not reporting anyone to nobody, morally or not. Jobsworths

i didnt think VI was serious. i took it as him poking fun at the daft report on plumbers reporting cold homes.

i didnt think VI was serious. i took it as him poking fun at the daft report on plumbers reporting cold homes.

PRECISELY what I was on abouts. The cheek of it. Then you will be contacted for follow up on the information you provided etc, etc. Guess what, I haven't got the time for such nonsense.
When the political parties knock on doors during their campaign trails, they can go in and check if the home occupant needs reporting for Fuel Poverty. Jokers

write to georgy boy osborne,the chancelor lol there are millions in the uk living in fuel poverty caused by his austerity cuts,

What cuts Jim?

Public spending under George (lying b'stard) Osborne has risen in both absolute and real terms (after adjusting for inflation) in every year of this government but one. It suits both (lying b'stard) Osborne and Ed (equally duplicitous) Balls to pretend that there have been stringent cuts, because it plays well to both their core audiences - the "tough tory taking the hard decisions" or the "heartless tory grinding the poor".

The actual public spending totals for each fiscal year are:

2009 (last full year of labour government) £633m
2010 673m
2011 (first full year of coalition government) 694m
2012 694m
2013 673m
2014 713m

Austerity is a complete myth which happens to suit both sides of the political debate and the media, but its absolutely not happened. Thats not to say that individual programmes haven't been cut. But that happens all the time, regardless of who's in power. But total spending, and total national debt keeps on rising, so your taxes and mine, and our children and grandchildren will have to rise to pay it back in the end.

oh sorry i had the audacity to voice my opinion, and your language does you no favours sorry i spoke thanks ray.

No problem with listening to your opinion Jim. We've all got them. :) Which of the facts do you dispute?

And sorry about my language - to what do you object?

oh sorry i had the audacity to voice my opinion, and your language does you no favours sorry i spoke thanks ray.

Hello Jim, take heart. Ray was just trying to enlighten us. That is not to say you, myself or anyone else should not voice their opinions.

Yeah, sorry Jim, I didnt mean to have a pop at you. My apologies if it came over that way.

I just get uptight with the nonsense that politicians talk.

"This trusted band of workmen should become the foot soldiers in the fight against fuel poverty and we are pleased that NICE recognise the role they could play. "

Hows that for an accolade?

You should hit them up for sponsorship of this site!!

Charlie Mullins refuses to play NICE

Pimlico Plumbers’ CEO Charlie Mullins has launched a scathing attack on the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE)’s belief that plumbers and heating engineers should join front-line care staff in tackling problems caused by cold homes.
Unit 7, Oakridge Office Park, Southampton Road, Whaddon, Salisbury, Wilts, SP5 3HT

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I Need To Report a PROBLEM in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock