Search the forum,

Discuss I don't think they're trying it on..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Fitting a bathroom for a custard she has just called to say bath is damaged.

Im always massively careful with baths since damaging one when I first started out so I'm 1000000% positive I've not damaged it.

She obviously has signed with the company that delivered to say that bath was perfect and when I put it in place yesterday it was fine. I have no idea where she stands with this as I'm wondering if the bath has been repaired previously and moving it around has caused this patch to pop out???

Im certainly accepting no liability as there was nothing in the room that could have dropped in the bath

i just feel sorry for the customer. Any thoughts????

What sort of bath is it? Have you got a pic, a bit popping out sounds odd!?

Not been paid yet. I may have completely misjudged her but she seems lovely and works with my gf.

I don't have a pic as not back until Friday. I was wondering if an like an acrylic patching kit has been used? Don't even know if you can use these on a bath

Fitting a bathroom for a custard she has just called to say bath is damaged.

Im always massively careful with baths since damaging one when I first started out so I'm 1000000% positive I've not damaged it.

She obviously has signed with the company that delivered to say that bath was perfect and when I put it in place yesterday it was fine. I have no idea where she stands with this as I'm wondering if the bath has been repaired previously and moving it around has caused this patch to pop out???

Im certainly accepting no liability as there was nothing in the room that could have dropped in the bath

i just feel sorry for the customer. Any thoughts????

dont trust custards if it was perfect she has damaged it,very unlikely its been repaired and sent out,unless its come from a supplier you have not used before and there trying to work tat on you ,but i very much doubt it

Ya can repair scratches and chips on acrylic but it would have to be the manufacturer for you not to have noticed cos all whites are slightly different (unlikely). Could just be a missed product fault.

Any other trades working in there? Tiler especially.

Otherwise wait until you go round and have a look before you do anything

If its acrylic, any competent repair would involve removing some material, not adding it.

Thanks all. Seem to be having a bit of a spate of stupid scenarios at the mo. There's been no one else in but me but can 100% guarantee it's not me. Makes me very angry. What's the best way to repair this?

had this before with an acrylic bath from bathstore , had the waste on it , chased in to the wall and siliconed in . woman came home and spotted a big chip outta the bottom of the bath luckily for me as always I had left the clear plastic sheet on the batn and the chip was underneath . she rang me and discussed her options , then she rang bathstore she had a replacement bath 2 days later . best option is to fing supplier

Acrylic repair kit but and its a big but to make it the same shade the kits are pricey. To do a proper job anyway. Basically the same as on a car. Ya dig it out a bit resin it then emery it then t cut it.

Repair kits IMHO just do not match up.
Ends up looking like someone's smeared toothpaste on the bath.
New bath me thinks.

Problem is irish there not all alpine white.
oh I know wa just giving my 2 penneth , I personally agree with wetdrip. you wouldn't drive a new car off the showroom floor with a scratch on the paintwork...

It's awkward I'm certainly not paying for something I know I've not damaged. Customer has not been accusing but has said its not ideal. I'd recommend a pro to repair it but don't even know if this is worth it. F-ing hate bathrooms

Thanks all. Seem to be having a bit of a spate of stupid scenarios at the mo. There's been no one else in but me but can 100% guarantee it's not me. Makes me very angry. What's the best way to repair this?

Tell her to F**k off? :lol:
Your chances of returning it are minimal at best, especially if it's signed for as being fine and is now installed...

Hello i have had a similar problem, you could not see the damaged area in natural day light but when customer came home at night and turned bathroom light on it was easily visible.

Cheers chaps, I'm still inclined to believe the custard too so want to try and help Her out. As gastec said it happens. Can anyone suggest the Best method of repair??

I always add a bit on incase of these things. That could be why I don't get many bathrooms.

I wouldn't get too worked up until you have seen what the problem is.

Just try and be reasonable with her.
If she's trying it on you will know, but there may be a fault in the manufacturing process.

Let us know what the problem is and the outcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I don't think they're trying it on..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock