Discuss How Much? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumberdarren

Hi guys

I was called out at 7pm last night (Sunday) by my sister in law as the flat next door had water coming through the ceiling, i went straight round and found that the bloke in the flat above was so drumnk he'd ripped the toilet and pipework out of the wall causing the flood. i quickly cut the pipe live and put on a push fit cap as was quiker to do that rather than get ladders and go into the loft to isolate. I then got the wet vac out and hoovered up the water upstairs and downstairs, i also put some holes in the ceiling to drain the water away.

In summary it was a sunday evening call out to stop the leak, cap the pipe and clear up the water. I was there about an hour. The in surance company now require an invoice how much do you think is reasonable do you think ?

Last edited by a moderator:
insurance company there 2 hrs out of hours, call out ie, £60/80 + £60 per hr =£180 min no probs , you had the tools to do the job fully and not leave cust swimming in water everywhere,

The flat downstairs just asked me to give them the invoice as they are dealing with the insurance company as its a rented flat upstairs!

At 7pm on a Sunday night I would of charged £250 plus parts for that and I would have made sure the customer could / would pay. It'll take weeks if not months to get money out of an insurance company.

To be honest it was a mate of my sister that had the water coming through so went there and sorted it without even thinking of the money etc.

£200. One out of hours call out, on a Sunday.

Fair price. Imagine the damage that would have occured had you not sorted it out as you did.

I'd say as it was soem one elses fault (the bladder person upstairs) and ultimately his insuarance and he will eventually pay the cost should be in the £200-£250 range.

If it was helping someone you know out (ie previous customer) may £100-£150

I would charge £90 plus parts is reasonable , it's just the same for everyone then, don't know about all this 250 quid , as it will get quiried by the customer and is unlikely to get payment straight away. The main stock of my work is emergencies and I am on a few claims handlers books because of it, I honestly wouldn't take the micky as anything over £100 an hour is a little excessive. Though it's obviously up to you to find your own prices . I would also tell the customer to pay as it will be all forgotten about otherwise. What did you tell the customer it would be ? It's a good idea to have these prices fixed in your head beforehand, that way if they ask there is no umming and arring infront which looks like you're just making it all up.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
The tenant rents the flat and was so bladdered he was asleep on the sofa during it all, it was the people below (mates of my sister) that called so wasnt really in a position to talk to anyone lol

call out plumber would have let it run for an hour while he found the shut of then charged 2 hours to get parts then an hour to repair in london this would have probably wound up as 800 quid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How Much? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock