Discuss How important is your presentation to you ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the term i have aways abided by are 'You don't get a second chance at a first impression'. Probably answers your question.

I think the term i have aways abided by are 'You don't get a second chance at a first impression'. Probably answers your question.

maybe so pal, but you cant please everyone, for everyone who prefers you to be smart and clean there is also someone who gets a sense of reassurance from a worker who looks like hes been grafting all day and is too busy to faff around changing into clean gear just to pop in for ten mins and discuss a job.

i guess the prevailing outlook is determined by where you live. i live and work in a very working class provincial northern town. if i went everywhere in clean gear i would get that look that says 'hmmmm i dont trust you, you look like a tradesman and sound like a tradesman but theres something not quite right, :38:

i guess it would be different in a posh neighbourhood

I'm the same. I think if you arrange to do a quote straight after work, you should prob look like you've been working!

Unless you're covered in soot etc, in which case, I'd go home and shower the go in my civvies and explain why.

I've got them, and 10mm holes through my ears. Never been a problem.

Can't see what difference tattoo's make. I've got two full sleeves and works never been a problem. I think politeness and remembering your p's & q's is far more important

I only ask as I have a full jap sleeve going on the right and something similar planned for the left. Was just thinking whether to keep them to 3/4 or go full

cheers

Let your ability do the talking. Anyone short sighted enough to be put off by tattoos is not worth working for tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How important is your presentation to you ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We're getting some forum shirts done, Polo Shirts, found a good quality one that's longer than normal. Don't like the ones that ride up when...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock