Discuss How important is your presentation to you ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that its the first thing new customers see (excluding the van sometimes) and the first few seconds someone sees you, they judge you a lot so you need to get it right. so for me i dress (builder)smart as i call it.
snicker trousers, polo shirt (with company logo), builders fleece/coat (with company logo).
always carry spares in the van, just in case something happens before you arrive at a customers house

Clean socks, fresh shirt everday. A clean reliable looking truck, sign written with a landline number
and the mobile web address. Clean dustsheets - and a smile when they open their door CHK

I'd get more than a smile if I turned up just in clean socks and a shirt :wink5:

Shoe cover when you step into house..... Gives them a false sense of security and that fitter will treat house with similar respect!

Nice to hear that there's neat and tidy plumbers out there !

The shoes off thing or shoe cover thing i think really tells the customer straight off the bat that you respect them and their property. This something we always do, i have customers saying it's refreshing to see a tradesman that cares.

Don't know if it's true but apparently BG guys can't remove their footwear in as much as if they drop something on their toe and it is found that they weren't wearing footwear then they won't get sick pay if they have to take time off ???

Clean socks, fresh shirt everday. A clean reliable looking truck, sign written with a landline number
and the mobile web address. Clean dustsheets - and a smile when they open their door CHK

got it in one, especially landline no, means they can get you, only problem is the old folk always leave messages on the land line coz mobiles are more expensive to ring!!!

Nice to hear that there's neat and tidy plumbers out there !

The shoes off thing or shoe cover thing i think really tells the customer straight off the bat that you respect them and their property. This something we always do, i have customers saying it's refreshing to see a tradesman that cares.

Don't know if it's true but apparently BG guys can't remove their footwear in as much as if they drop something on their toe and it is found that they weren't wearing footwear then they won't get sick pay if they have to take time off ???

That's not exclusive to BG, think about it, you are told you must wear company workwear and safety shoes/boots so how can you take them off cause the customer has a nice clean carpet, blue paper shoes on at the door every time, even if the customer says don't bother, I always say it's no prob, I would rather put them on, TBH in some houses it helps keep my shoes clean, and in the clean ones it just removes and doubt that you left a mark on the carpet
I would never take my shoes off in someone's house, you could injure your foot, then who pays the wage while you recover, and anyway I'm not walking about people's houses in my socks, I mean they need to last me all week

Last edited by a moderator:
Always in proper work trousers, don't have any branded shirts cos I hate polos, but I always wear plain black/blue dickies/snickers tee shirts. Gas safe and bpec cards round my neck.

I wear trainers generally. Primarily cos they're easy to slip off when I walk in the house.

My biggest problem is resisting the temptation to cover all my clothes in silicone, paste and flux.

Always in proper work trousers, don't have any branded shirts cos I hate polos, but I always wear plain black/blue dickies/snickers tee shirts. Gas safe and bpec cards round my neck.

I wear trainers generally. Primarily cos they're easy to slip off when I walk in the house.

My biggest problem is resisting the temptation to cover all my clothes in silicone, paste and flux.

Not sure what's worse, trainers or taking your trainers off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How important is your presentation to you ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We're getting some forum shirts done, Polo Shirts, found a good quality one that's longer than normal. Don't like the ones that ride up when...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock