Discuss How do you itemise quotes? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beesley121

Hi Guys,

ive just have someone a price for a boiler swap, they've now asked me for a itemised quote. I don't normally do this as I don't really want to spend the time doing it. Another thing is I don't really like them knowing what I 'make' from the job. They don't have to choose me, so if they get a cheaper quote elsewhere, fair enough.

how can you possibly itemise a bill that includes all the little bits that add up?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wont itemise everything, I give one price for all parts and labour. Too much hassle itemising it, any customer which asks for that will be a pain in the arse and best off avoided anyway in my experience.

im happy and do sometimes write an inclusions and exclusions list so the customer knows what they are and are not getting. but if they want a cost break down i would only give them seperate prices for extras and sometimes i would if asked do a labour only option but that includes more labour added to cover lack of materials.

I just say i'll have to spend an extra hour doing the paperwork, would you like to pay for it now or at the end.

they tend to not want an itemised quote then...

Just list all points i'm going to do itemising the main parts, boiler, controls, etc. Then just one figure to do the job.

We do this.
It is important to list what you are going to do so when they compare you with someone cheaper they can see what the other person isn't doing.
Yes don't forget to list obvious stuff such as:
flush system
install Magnaclean
Building Control Notification
Clearing all rubbish from site including removal of old boiler

But just one price at the end.

I know we often (always) lose to cheaper quotes but we've often gone back to do work in those same houses and discovered that the cheaper guy didn't do a lot of the stuff that we quoted for.

We do this.
It is important to list what you are going to do so when they compare you with someone cheaper they can see what the other person isn't doing.
Yes don't forget to list obvious stuff such as:
flush system
install Magnaclean
Building Control Notification
Clearing all rubbish from site including removal of old boiler

But just one price at the end.

I know we often (always) lose to cheaper quotes but we've often gone back to do work in those same houses and discovered that the cheaper guy didn't do a lot of the stuff that we quoted for.

But the cheaper bloke told custard a load of tripe ....... We also get this, just makes me giggle and add on 25% to the price. Plus I like to take a very close look at work and issue a few ncs, AR notices too just for good measure.

I usually name the boiler that I'm going to fit for them. I only fit good quality, and tell them that they may get cheaper but it'll be crap.
Tell them in writingwhat they're getting for the price, but that's it.
i find once you start itemising, they start bargaining.

I usually name the boiler that I'm going to fit for them. I only fit good quality, and tell them that they may get cheaper but it'll be crap.
Tell them in writingwhat they're getting for the price, but that's it.
i find once you start itemising, they start bargaining.
Once you start itemising quotes with materials, you are just giving them a shopping list to go do the jobs themselves. I give them a full itemisation of the work being done to get away with the line , 'I thought that was included' but apart from the make of say a boiler then a general overview as in pipe and fittings.

they could be asking for itemized quote so that they can see that your doing a proper job, as i said on a previous post i dont think we are all very good salesmen. and some customers may need a little convincing that you are going to do a good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How do you itemise quotes? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock