Discuss How do you get out of the jobs you don't want? Excuses & Reasons used? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work for people I don't like all the time, I tell them it's not for me, not my area of expertise or I don't think it'll work.

Wouldnt want a fellow professional to be faced with somebody I wouldnt work for.

Haha, I could think of one or two I'd pass crappy jobs onto .... Payback time! I wouldn't fancy the bad Karma though so probably wouldn't after all ;)

Variety of views and tactics here.
I'm getting the gist of what I should or shouldn't use/do now ......
Thanks all you've been a great help as always ;)

ONE after this......... Maybe I'll stop at 99! lol

99 Red Balloons, la la la la la la blah blah..... dont know the words ! :50: There's no Balloons
in the smiley box !

Hi all

Just curious, if you're called to a private job walking in blind and you know it's going to be more hassle than its worth OR like me it's just been a complete time consuming PAIN to sort out..... and now its a personal pet hate or just jinxed with it :-(

How do you get out of it?
What do you tell customer?

I'm torn between: Can't do it, Won't do it, hate doing it, it goes wrong, tell them it's not my expertise, OR...... just over cost/ price it...... tell them I'm too busy, get someone else ?

Ta you little angels ;)

Tell the customer you will send them a quote.
And price the job as you see it.

If you're double or triple the next person - so be it.

If you get questions about your quote - go into detail about the job required.
Make it sound as complex as you can.

If you don't get it - you didn't want it anyway.
If you get it - put up with it and make more money than you normally would.

If you don't like the customer - or get a bad vibe - walk away or ask for a substantial deposit.

If it's not your thing, let them know.

But just remember -
There is no such thing as overpricing a job.
There is such a thing as underpricing a job

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How do you get out of the jobs you don't want? Excuses & Reasons used? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back