• Replies 22
  • Views 3K
  • hose

Discuss Hose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scotty plumber

I have a 1/2" garden hose cut up about 4 times then re-joined with copper for draining/ syphoning etc and i have a cutting of 3/4" hose with a jubilee at the end to connect to my 1/2" hose for 3/4" drain offs, Do any of you guys carry a 3/4 hose? If so whereis the best place to get one?

machine mart do 30m of 3/4 for just over £30. you can probably get it cheaper though

b&q do 50m of 3/4 for £35

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks il have a look, steve do you carry a 1/2" and 3/4" or do you do the same as me?

i've just got a 1/2 cut in half for ease of use only cost me £8 from lidle

And an inch one and an inch and quarter. Use them for different stuff tho.

There are 2 types of clear braided hose. One soft and one stiff. Make sure you get the soft one.

Where can you buy it from the metre? I want a new hose that does not go out of shape when hot water travels through it

Mines is an old fire hose "robbed" from an old hydrant in a school that was getting chucked.

I hope everyone is conversant with the Hose (connection and use) Regulations 1998. Particularly Regulation 3.1.1. which states that "Only hoses with a modulus of elasticity of 1.7 or above may be used in a drain down situation."

I've got a feeling that the lidl hose has a lower modulus of elasticity and is not actually permitted to be used in drain down situations and should only be used for domestic irrigation and car wash duties.

ive currently got the best hose ive ever had i got it when i had free reign of someone elses account its food grade yellow doesnt kink and rolls up perfect everytime god knows how much it was

Get the regin hose; job done.

I've got to agree, the orange Regin one is awesome. I've used it loads now and its still the same shape as before, no kinks, no bends, no going out of shape.

It is expensive though, I think the cheapest I could find was around £50 on the Internet. I paid a lot less, but would pay this now after experiencing how good it is.

I've got some Velcro straps that I use when wrapping it up, it keeps things nice and tidy.

Regin Drain-Down Hose Kit - Plumb Traders

It is. A lot of ex BG guys that I worked with had them and I coveted them due to the fact that they don't lose their shape or kink and are really free flowing. Parts Center had an offer on a couple of years ago and I got one for about £40 plus the dreaded. Definitely the best hose I've ever used, especially in the cold weather when you can't get a standard hose to lay straight. My only regret is I didn't get 2 at the reduced price.

apart from the velcro. it sounds like you are describing my yellow lidl one lol.
it doesn't kink or go floppy, it always rolls up really neatly and was a snip at less than a fiver.
far better than the 16 quidder i had previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock