Search the forum,

Discuss Hive not playing nicely. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I have connected the Hive to my Valliant combi for the central heating only. When I operate the Hive thermostat it only serves to turn on the heating not regulate it.
I thought of turning the boiler thermostat to its highest setting in the hope that the hive would then be able to regulate the heating to the desired temp set by the hive thermostat. Unfortunately, it doesn't work as the boiler begins to heat up till it reaches whatever I set the boiler thermostat at.
Any ideas anyone? I would be very grateful for your help on this.

It’s on off control doesn’t regulate boiler temp

It’s on off control doesn’t regulate boiler temp
Hi, on the Hive thermostat that I put on the wall it allows you to set the temp from 5c upwards. Whatever temp I set Hive too, the boiler temp on the boiler digital display will only go to what I set it to. I can set Hive to 23c yet the boiler will go up to 45c I set hive to 30c and the same thing happens. What I want it to do is heat the central heating to whichever temp I set the Hive thermostat to, not the temp the boiler is set to. How do I override the boilers regulator so that the Hive operates the temp,. I know it does it because my son has a Hive in his house which is working with a combi boiler as well. It works fine there.

You seem to be getting confused with boiler temp and hive temp. The boiler temp is the temperature of water in the boiler, the hive will turn the heating off when it reaches the satisfied room temp.

Reply to Hive not playing nicely. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock