Currently reading:
Help while I am out please

Discuss Help while I am out please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

Can you tell me if myson Orion 50b boilers are any good and are the parts still available plz
I am limping on my mobile app here
Many thanks
in negotiations now for the property lads trying to knock price for new boiler ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Never worked on them but if it's anything like the Apollo spares aren't cheap.

looking at boilerspares.co.uk they are showing spares but not sure how reliable that info is.

Isnt the the prion am open flue version of the Apollo?

I've worked on a few, good boilers. Straight forward, if a little auckward on a strip down. I worked on them twenty years ago on a council contract, so quite old now.

If you're selling one it's brilliant, if (as you say) its in the house you're interested in then its a load of carp and should be replaced at a cost of £5,000, which obviously is knocked off the final negotiated price:smile5:

yeh, trying to get another £800 off the price, going to survey it on thursday but i need to proove its carp fo justify it!
i beleive its 27 year old and still works ok!!

yeh, trying to get another £800 off the price, going to survey it on thursday but i need to proove its carp fo justify it

Just take out your FGA, power it up and run it around boiler, tell them results are not good. Show them your Gas Card and ask for £1,000 to be deducted of price

Actually from memory the pilot tip had like a coil round it, a bit like a spring. I'll put a pound to a penny that's discontinued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help while I am out please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock