Discuss Help!!!! Please please please help!!!! Heads gonna go bang!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

fubar1000

Gas Engineer
Stressed is a understatement....

Right here we go. Ideal Logic Plus 24kw combi. Plumb Center's own brand room stat.

Followed the boiler MI's to wire the room stat in, didn't work.

Phoned Ideal TEC, followed what the lovely girl was saying, didn't work.

Phoned Plumb center for a copy of the room stat MI's, followed that, didn't work.

Ideals MI's are saying 'remove link, wire in room stat with 2 wires'. Didn't work.

I must of tried every possible combination of wires. STILL DON'T BLOODY WORK.....

Please help!!!! Before my head goes BANG.... :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

Many thanks peeps

P.s I'm s&%t with controls, really need to brush up on them quick....

sound like control might be buggered to me

That's all I can think of. But what is putting me off is that Ideal are saying only 2 wires (remove loop) & it should work????

Many thanks for your input BOD!!!!

If it works with the link in but not when you wire the stat in then you've got a dodgy stat or the wires in the wrong place on the stat! Does the room stat require a neutral? Is it basic or programmable? Digital or a rotary dial?

If it works with the link in but not when you wire the stat in then you've got a dodgy stat or the wires in the wrong place on the stat! Does the room stat require a neutral? Is it basic or programmable? Digital or a rotary dial?

Boiler works fine with link in

Room stat is a basic, rotary type & I'm not 100% sure if it needs a neutral or not as I have no MI's for the stat.
Ideal said today it make's no odds where the wires go on the stat, it's where they go on the boiler that's important
Many thanks for your input

How many connections on the room stat? Also try twisting the wires together/linking them temp at the room stat to make sure the wire is sound :)

How many connections on the room stat? Also try twisting the wires together/linking them temp at the room stat to make sure the wire is sound :)

Think there is 1-4 plus a earth. That's a very good idea linking them together, why didn't I think of that LOL

I'm back there Thursday, armed with a new stat hopefully, but I'll give your ideas a try first, Big thanks

If there's 4 terminals then it's most likely got a heat anticipator in the stat which will need a neutral. You may be connecting to the neutral rather than the switch live? Don't know off hand what is what regards conections to be honest :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I had this with a cheapo salus stat it needed a neutral.
im sure plumbs branded products are re badged honeywells

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help!!!! Please please please help!!!! Heads gonna go bang!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back