Currently reading:
Help Ideal logic 24 combi

Discuss Help Ideal logic 24 combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lame plumber

been trying to get this blighter working!

called out recently, only firing on low rate with lot of woomping noise and as soon as it tries to go to high rate cuts out on F2 fault. 3 years old and been fine to date

So:

checked ionisation sensor wiring has continuity back to pcb.
checked condensate trap clear and running ok
checked all flue seals ok

then started thinking, 200v dc to gas valve, valve opening ok in low rate, ideal techies say faulty gas valve. So one new valve later and having cured the new!! ignition fault got the same issues all over again. All ideal say is the ionisation/falme sensor faulty, so new one in post!!
Anyone else had this one and what cured it, according to ideal, they dont get this problem normally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers lads, thinking caps on,

had it on a response, turned out to be g/valve but i had done the probes first as i did it from bottom up£ :)

whats the w/p on l & h flame?

also had same on a mini, turned out to be pcb sensor relay!!!!!!

had it on a response, turned out to be g/valve but i had done the probes first as i did it from bottom up£ :)

whats the w/p on l & h flame?

also had same on a mini, turned out to be pcb sensor relay!!!!!!

getting a drop fm standing of 23 to wp of 21 at inlet on low demand, dies before I see a reading on high!! I was going for the probe first but ideal said it was the gas valve, so one available if needed!!

check seal between fan and burner plus hex and burner aswell is good had this happen on one of these it was drawing in a lot of air on fan/burner seal as fan was ever so slightly loose and wouldnt light as too much air in the mix with that god awful noise bit like a whoopie cushion.

deffo look through the gas line somewhere dont way up from what you said, jet clear?

check seal between fan and burner plus hex and burner aswell is good had this happen on one of these it was drawing in a lot of air on fan/burner seal as fan was ever so slightly loose and wouldnt light as too much air in the mix with that god awful noise bit like a whoopie cushion.

Thats also been my experience of these when I have heard the whooping noise. The burner wasnt seated on the hex properly.

had the fan off and on to check the nozzle etc. My next stop is to have the burner off and check the seal, as its deff an air mixture issue in my mind now, and Ill have a spare sensor to boot by fri!! just wondering if the burner seal has failed or warped being as its 3 yrs old now

and cheers for the advice, hoping the new year will cure this one, dont like being caught out as ever tech line advice was wrong again

Last edited by a moderator:
had the fan off and on to check the nozzle etc. My next stop is to have the burner off and check the seal, as its deff an air mixture issue in my mind now, and Ill have a spare sensor to boot by fri!! just wondering if the burner seal has failed or warped being as its 3 yrs old now

and cheers for the advice, hoping the new year will cure this one, dont like being caught out as ever tech line advice was wrong again
any other gas appliances there?worth checking what inlet pressure is with those running if it drops dramatically theres your issue governors faulty had this fault about 12 times this year on various makes of boiler

any other gas appliances there?worth checking what inlet pressure is with those running if it drops dramatically theres your issue governors faulty had this fault about 12 times this year on various makes of boiler

cheers for that, but Ive had the manometer on the inlet all the time and min inlet pressure when running is 21mb on low demand

good point, will have to turn off the fire in the lounge and try it out next time I go back, they wont like that :)

I had this on a logic system boiler a couple of week ago, BG came and changed the governor on the meter and that sorted it.
Good boiler those logic gasman loves them nowadays lol

cant say I love the logic at present, but they are easy to dismantle!!!

That's where I would look the seal's are fairly cheap and easy to replace,ideal logic is my favourite to work on.

to make some of you feel better, popped back pm, new hex and fan seals in sticky mitt plus a flame sensor and swapped them all over. then check the meter worked ok and presto getting wp of 21mb on fire upstairs no issues and so switched on boiler, low fire on ch and f2 popped up aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh. whilst i was banging head against a convenient wall, L3 appeared (no fan noise), which would tie in with l3 :) so checked 230 at fan fm pcb and assumed this was the issue in first place, despite all clues fm ideal, and you guys giving some more viable options as well. So on the bone to merchants, no fans available, I suggested custards go direct to Ideal for replacement £275 callout. Lovely custard just goes can you give me a new boiler tomorrow, I want a bath! so they are getting an intergas, and as soon as water and gas are on she gets her bath and I will do the rest on monday :) 2 boilers thus far this year, long may this go on :), but without the stress of fault finding logics in future. My merchant pointed out later on collecting the replacement boiler that he is flogging a lot of ideals parts for failed logics all put in on warmfront scheme about 3 years back.

to make some of you feel better, popped back pm, new hex and fan seals in sticky mitt plus a flame sensor and swapped them all over. then check the meter worked ok and presto getting wp of 21mb on fire upstairs no issues and so switched on boiler, low fire on ch and f2 popped up aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh. whilst i was banging head against a convenient wall, L3 appeared (no fan noise), which would tie in with l3 :) so checked 230 at fan fm pcb and assumed this was the issue in first place, despite all clues fm ideal, and you guys giving some more viable options as well. So on the bone to merchants, no fans available, I suggested custards go direct to Ideal for replacement £275 callout. Lovely custard just goes can you give me a new boiler tomorrow, I want a bath! so they are getting an intergas, and as soon as water and gas are on she gets her bath and I will do the rest on monday :) 2 boilers thus far this year, long may this go on :), but without the stress of fault finding logics in future. My merchant pointed out later on collecting the replacement boiler that he is flogging a lot of ideals parts for failed logics all put in on warmfront scheme about 3 years back.

Strip the bugger down now its out try and get to the bottom of it.

i would suspect its the fan issue all along now its failed totally, b all else to check seeing as pcb is ok.

Only thing I saw today was a puddle and a sky camera team and reporter staring at it. Did roll about laughing when the reporter ran out of ideas and said that the next tide tonight would have a height of 50 feet, then 60 feet, which would mean our lifeboat house would be submerged :):):). I was having a cuppa at the station and wasnt allowed to make a comment in person, seems Im not pc enough to be allowed on camera ..................... ****ed me off as when I parked the van in the way of the camera for some publicity, they moved and faced the other way :) still listening to the sky news all morning on custards tv kept me amused, and Ilfracombe kept popping up, yet to see why as it was same tide in out as normal at springs and sw wind

I had same fault on a ideal isar it was water in the gas main, same fault would light but coughing it's guts up then when it tried to fire on full straight to lock out.

I had same fault on a ideal isar it was water in the gas main, same fault would light but coughing it's guts up then when it tried to fire on full straight to lock out.

Be rather amusing if it was. New boiler goes in and same thing happens!

I am hearing of logic div valves and fans failing, from a pal who does a HA contract on these, they spec'd them and are cr@ping it as they are 3 year old! Causing lots of out of hours calls under warranty or not as they have to visit first

I am hearing of logic div valves and fans failing, from a pal who does a HA contract on these, they spec'd them and are cr@ping it as they are 3 year old! Causing lots of out of hours calls under warranty or not as they have to visit first

The valves fail loads pass down the heatng side, our place installed a load I've seen far far too many fail and they have only been in six months, seen one boiler go through 3 in six months!

On a tangent, how does everybody deal with ongoing nightmare boiler repairs? I try and only go to appliances I'm used to, unless in really slack. I find it a total nightmare when you keep on sticking in bits on the advise of the tech helplines. Answering to the customer and having to wait for more parts, and then there's the huge bill at the end that you struggle to justify. I keep pretty busy and have done for a few years, but worry that not attending some appliances is holding back my knowledge and may have effects on my future business.

went out on a call last night changed a roomstat this was an isar water was barely lukewarm but you couldnt touch the plate hex in the boiler it was that hot no heat going down the heating so im assuming its a scaled plate not transfering the heat

went out on a call last night changed a roomstat this was an isar water was barely lukewarm but you couldnt touch the plate hex in the boiler it was that hot no heat going down the heating so im assuming its a scaled plate not transfering the heat
Sounds like it Steve assuming correct gas rate, flow rate etc

Be rather amusing if it was. New boiler goes in and same thing happens!

cheery little soul arent you, but having proved that one wasnt an issue via another appliance the new intergas went in yesturday and I have a v happy little old lady waiting for a commissioning flush and rm stat swap as the one they left her before was a 7 day multiprogrammable heap that she couldnt even turn on or off manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help Ideal logic 24 combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock