Discuss Heatslave 15/19 slow to heat HW in the mornings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SplendiferousII

Hi guys.

Newbie here and as usual my first post is because I have a problem.

I have an older Worcester Heatslave 15/19 oil fired boiler I purchased second hand and installed myself.

I am not sure of the terminology but I have installed it in line, - ie/ I have no header tank or immersion tank.

So far its been good but this morning the water took ages to warm up. (the HW is on constant)

I suspect the water storage part is not functioning as it should (failed bladder maybe?). It eventually got up to temp and all was fine there after.

However I don’t want to be waiting 5 mins every morning for the HW to get up to temp.

Thanks.

SplendiferousII

Second hand boiler! Dodgy indeed, you've just bought somebody else's problems.

5 mins is a small price to pay.

How did you set up the combustion?

Could be several things, several of them, expensive, you really need some one who knows what they are doing to take a look otherwise you will be shooting in the dark. Where are you located there may be someone local to you on here that is willing to have a look.

Thanks for your input Sam. I wouldn’t be on here asking questions if I had the money my friend.

The boiler has taken a turn for the worst this morning, it seems to warm up quickly again but the burner seems to cut in and out (cycling about every 30 seconds)

However, if I turn the tap off it fires straight up again – 30 secs later cuts out.

Hi SimonG. I know buying a second hand boiler is far from ideal but for £100 I had the whole lot, tank, boiler, rads, fire valve – including some copper pipe to run between the rads.

I took it out of the old house myself and put it straight back in as it came out, - It had very recently been serviced so I wasn’t too bothered about setting up the burner at my end. It oil fired so it’s not like I have gas pressure to worry about.

The Worcester Heatslaves are supposed to be about as good boilers get, some say better than the newer plastic fantastic models. Plus if it really goes wrong – boiler failure! Then I just look in the local paper for another one ! I recon I could change it out in about an hour, however I’d rather fix the one I have !

Roger W – I am down in west cornwall but I like to be able to fix things myself – never failed yet ! I actually go out of my way to avoid buying stuff I cannot fix myself, much more satisfying than getting my cheque book out.

Clearly this site is full of cowboy heating engineers who know little about their jobs and like to rub their chins saying how expensive it’s going to be when it’s a simple fix.

It was simply a knackered pump. £3 at the local scrap yard, four m6 screws to change the pump and she is away again.

A quick look at the schematic diagram gave it away, Heater, pump and diverter valve that about all that’s in there to go wrong.

I had heat so it must have been one of the others.

Thanks guys for all your valued support. NOT.

Pleased to hear it wasn't anything serious, in addition to the mentioned there are several thermostats a PCB and various potentiol issues with dirt that could also have caused this issue.

Clearly this site is full of cowboy heating engineers who know little about their jobs and like to rub their chins saying how expensive it’s going to be when it’s a simple fix.

It was simply a knackered pump. £3 at the local scrap yard, four m6 screws to change the pump and she is away again.

A quick look at the schematic diagram gave it away, Heater, pump and diverter valve that about all that’s in there to go wrong.

I had heat so it must have been one of the others.

Thanks guys for all your valued support. NOT.

Far from it, but when some muppet comes on who wants something for nothing then why should we oblige. Hopefully your second hand pumps lasts as long as your second hand boiler. Oh and by the way I think you have more than just the pump to worry about, if it was just the pump you would have had no heating or hot water, even after 5 minutes.

.....and........never mind, no point telling somebody when you already know everything about nothing.

I'm off to resaddle my horse. :) :) :)

Luckily for our customers that we don't take the same attitude.

How on earth have I dragged myself so low to respond to this thread?

Flamin' trolls ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heatslave 15/19 slow to heat HW in the mornings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock