Search the forum,

Discuss Heating Vinyl past limit of 30c in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

So vinyl instructions say limit is 30c, but that means it'll take longer to get the room hot, which i don't wanna wait. But I also don't wanna destroy the new vinyl I've just laid.

So I thought why not test it.

I have a sous vide machine which will heat water to a consistent temperature, I can vacuum seal some of the vinyl and leave it being heated at 40c for a week or two. if it isn't damaged then can I go ahead and turn up the UFH temp to 40c.

Thoughts?

Do you want your room hotter than 30 deg C? I doubt it.

You need to learn how to use your underfloor heating properly then you will have happy, warm days.

Have it on all/ nearly all the time, depending on your controls, the idea is it stays pretty much the same temperature and therefore warm up time is not a thing.

Hmm okays but humour me, given the boiler runs at 65c due to the rads. Wouldn't running the ufh running at 40c get up to temp faster meaning it can hit the room temp faster and in turn the boiler turn off faster

Last time.
If run ‘properly’ there really is no getting up to temp (well ok there is once) - the idea is not to let it get cold as the response time of the slab is more oil tanker turning than jet ski.

Normally 24-48 hours for it to warm is normally depending on the type of slab etc

Yep

Reply to Heating Vinyl past limit of 30c in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock