Discuss heat only boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

glyn58

hi,looking for advice on which is the best heat only boiler, thanks.

Worcester Ri or cdi series
Viessmann 100 series
Atag heat only series

Atag or Ideal, both offer 10 year warranty

As you can see, you will get every man and his dog on here, all with different opinions of which to go for. There is no right or wrong answer.

Vaillant are in my opinion the Best you'll get but they are the most expensive. Some would say the same about Worcester. ( a bit like Audi v BMW I suppose)

There are mid range boilers of course which have been around years like Glow Worm, Ideal, Baxi etc, ( Vauxhall, Ford, mid range type thing, No offence, my vans a ford) normally one or two hundred quid cheaper.
Then there is the lower end ( naming no names ).

I think you get what you pay for, a lot of course, comes down to budget.

However ...........The individual who installs whatever your budget will allow, is a massive part of it. That bit is not like buying a car at all. My advice to you is to find a Highly recommended Heating Engineer to come round, see the job and advise you on what they think is best for you.
I hope this helps a bit.

Hi, thanks for the replies was looking at a vaillent or veissman my heating system has been in a long time and its 8mm microbore so I don't think I would trust it under preaser , would you ?

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for the replies was looking at a vaillent or veissman my heating system has been in a long time and its 8mm microbore so I don't think I would trust it under preaser , would you ?

Hi
Will need a good power flush anyway. If it's copper 8mm and decent radiator valves, will be fine

Hi, had rads and valves replaced 2yr ago helped with draining the system and water looked clean refilling it was a pain lol but had x100 put in

Last edited:
Hi, had rads and valves replaced 2yr ago helped with draining the system and water looked clean refilling it was a pain lol but had x100 put in

If you've had the valves and rads changed you should have no problem with a system boiler.
Either way really, If there are any issues with the plumbing you may find a new regular boiler shows them up and you might be better with a system boiler as chalked says.
I don't know any one else's thoughts on that but i'm sure we'll find out

my Ideal Vogue (pressurised) has been in two years on microbore with absolutely no problems whatsoever

I should add it is a combi just illustrating pressurised microbore

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to heat only boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock