Discuss Grundfos UPS 15-60 Queries in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

diy1

Q 1 I need to replace a Grundfos 15-60 pump in my old Worcester boiler. The new pump has the electrical connection box and speed selector in a differnet plane to the existing pump. Do I just unbolt the casing and move it to the same position as the existing pump?
Q 2 Is it possible to just change the speed control switch and if so where would I get one?

Have you purchased the correct pump for your boiler.

You could put the new pump in, if you can keep the connection box on the same side. Check that the impellers are the same and the speed.

Why do you want to change the pump?

Speed switch seems to have overheated and cracked / disintegrated, so pump does not run unless you jiggle the speed switch. I have now managed to change the speed switch "module" with one from another Grundfos (15-50, but seems to be the same), and works fine. Do you know if you can buy the switch modules without the pump?
I don't have a new pump, but I can see from the on-line photos for a 15-60 that the speed selector / conn box is on a different side to mine, and there will not be enough room in that orientation.

on most Grundfos pumps you can move the head round, and indeed you suppose to, to keep the electrical connections on the top. undo the four allen srcews attaching the head to the base, spin head round to desired place check O ring in place tighten head back gobs a gooden!!

head back gobs a gooden!!

what you do in your private life is your own business:28:

Any idea if I can get the speed switch module without buying a complete pump, as that is all that's broken?

Any idea if I can get the speed switch module without buying a complete pump, as that is all that's broken?

no you cant but tried a salvage yard or a friendly local gas engineer/plumber? we sometimes have old bits knocking about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grundfos UPS 15-60 Queries in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock