Discuss Great idea or what? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wetfeet

A few eons ago I fit underfloor heating to by house. It is very good, but slow to respond. Now I have to retired to a bungalow, I don't want underfloor heating this time. I like control, and I have a idea, I have not see before. It goes so: A manifold with a port from each room (6 this time) Every room as a thermostat, this controls the actuators, via a wiring centre to turn boiler on, and to on the ports. I thought about underfloor ali. plate under the floor, but there are expensive, and fitted carpet (which I like) stop it working properly.

It seems to me to be a simple control job, giving good control for everything. And cheaply too.

What do you lot think? Please be gentle with me!

That post doesn't make much sense. Are you saying you would like a manifold to control each rad? If so then yes it can be done and is a good way to do it. Just get it designed properly with regards to pie sizing and wiring.

Or fit something like honeywell evohome or heat genius, without altering all the pipes.

Hi wetfeet, like anz said about the evo home kit,. its real expensive but a cracking piece of kit , i fitted it once on existing rads and the existing thermostatic heads are removed being replaced by a honeywell ones, now the honeywell ones have a little screen on them with the temperature settings and each rad valve acts as a wireless sensor to a main tablet hub , nice bit of kit and would save the manifold setup of pipe alterations,,

Thank for the input. Phoenix says my post does't make sense. Sorry about that, but had a stroke left me with aphasia, so I get syntax wrong sometime (most of the time!)

Anyway, Phoenix thinks will work, I can size the pipes and rads. Another plus to my mind is that you can balance all the rads from manifold, not messing around tuning lock shields valves.

Anz, I thought about all these hi tech thingy, but they are too hi tech, involved if phone, internet etc. Currently are no pipes in or rads. just coal fires.

Kris, same thing, too hi tech for me, and expensive has you said.

The ceiling are 2500 high, so I am putting 60mm Kingspan on the floor, 18mm chipboard floor, so there is plenty of space for pipes being routed under the new floor.

I half thought you all will come up with reasons why it won't work, or I found it standard practice these days. So I am please with the response so far. Thanks again.

We have something similar at work. As said previous, it's pricey. And an absolute swine to set up correctly.

But it does work well.

Re-read your post makes more sense now I'm not knackered from working all weekend. You can pick up underfloor kits fairly cheaply. Although evohome is probably cheaper. If you go with a underfloor kit get a decent brand so
you can get spares easier later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Great idea or what? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock