Currently reading:
Gas prices to going to rise, the rise is being blamed on the forced green agends

Discuss Gas prices to going to rise, the rise is being blamed on the forced green agends in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Sale

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Why Should the bill payer for gas and electricity fork out for people who want Renewable and green energy, Surely they should pay for it themselves. With gas prices going to rise 54% to pay for this, this is going to make fuel poverty espacially with the elderly.

Why Should we pay for the middle classes hippy dippy green energy? if they want it they should pay for it. This is athe link to a express article on the subject Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: ENERGY BILLS TO ROCKET BY 60% I'm all for solar panel and particularly not bothered about wind turbines on hills i just believe we should not be forced to pay for someone else's energy. If they want that type of energy then they should be prepared to pay for it.

I can see could die from this policy, pensioners and some families already make decision's weather they can turn the power on or eat already. At this rate there won't be a gas industry in ten yrs.

Last edited:
£3 a year on your bill is not much to pay, gas price rises are nothing to do with renewables more to do with energy companies profiteering

I think you'll find that £300 plus on your bill every year for just gas alone. It is well known that average bill payer is paying for wind turbine projects and subsidies. Other papers have had serious articles about it.

you've got your figures wrong at the moment its 3 pound a year it's estimated by 2020 it'll be 28 per year. What paper did you get your figures from the Sunday Sport?

My thoughts exactly - all this renewables business (well, much of it) is money related and nothing to do with the environment.

Most of it is eco bling. The best way of lowering CO2 (as we all know) is insulating but this is not as sexy and you can't really show it off to your neighbours.

Your newly laid glass wool is not going to be a big topic of conversation around the dinner table whereas those solar panels and how much they will make you in the next 25 years is more likely to impress:cuss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas prices to going to rise, the rise is being blamed on the forced green agends in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock